Is the Antec Desktop NSK2400 Noisy

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

fastturtle

Is the Antec Desktop NSK2400 Noisy

Post by fastturtle » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Started thinking about building a New system instead of Rebuilding my XP1800 and found this Antec Case. Very interested in how noisy it is in regards to mid-tower matx case, especially as everyone seems to love the Antec P180's, that appear to be designed for quiet.

Another question is will it handle the weight of a standard 17" CRT placed on top? As that allows me to reclaim about half my desktop back from the computers. More work room finally. :lol:

mrzed
Patron of SPCR

Post by mrzed » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:53 pm

Re: the noise, you should really just read the review. You'll get a far more objective take than any of us could give. IIRC, the article summarized that it was easily the equal of the best tower cases for quiet potential.

Re: the monitor. I would have no hesitation doing it to mine. It could probably support a 21" CRT.

fastturtle

Post by fastturtle » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:25 pm

I hadn't even spotted that review.

Edit
Just finished reading the review and see that my question was a tad noobish. At least I do know it was designed to be fairly quiet and provide good cooling and that's important to me. It also looks much nicer then my old scratched/dented rattletrap of a case.