P180 front panel audio connector

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

ZeroR3D

P180 front panel audio connector

Post by ZeroR3D » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:50 am

I have an Asus A8R32-MVP motherboard with an HD Audio (Azalia?) front-panel jack. Is the front panel connector plug from the P180 compatible with this jack? Or do I have to use the individual pins to set it up properly?

Trunks

Post by Trunks » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:42 pm

I do not know.

This image would lead me to believe AC97 is standard and you will have to do each wire for HD.

ftp://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock ... 8r-mvp.pdf

It should work in legacy mode AC 97 no problem (it will just plug in (Intel standard for 10-pin audio connector)). I honestly do not know which one is the std pin out. but it would not be difficult to do hd.

ZeroR3D

Post by ZeroR3D » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks for your reply. From the motherboard manual, the FPA jack accepts 5-pin AC97 or 9-pin Azalia connection, yet the P180's connector has 7 pins, hence my confusion. I've found that plugging the connector itself into the jack doesn't seem to work, but plugging the individual connectors without the rear output set makes it half work.

If I disable jack detection in the sound utility, the headphone/mic front jacks work perfectly. However, plugging a headset in doesn't disable main speaker output. Guess I'll just have to live with it.