Lian-Li A10B review?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

GuyClinch

Lian-Li A10B review?

Post by GuyClinch » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Any chance that you review this case? Seems to have pretty straightforward airflow - and should reasonably quiet. It's a rip off of the P180 but I think I might like the better looks and better cabling of the Lian-Li instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811112122

Pete

iron_gr

Post by iron_gr » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 am

Yeah! A review of A10B would be awesome!

nick705

Post by nick705 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:56 am

Nothing much to see here - seems to have the P180/P182's faults (only more so), and adds a few of its own without anything interesting to compensate.

It looks nice, though - Antec could definitely learn a thing or two from Lian Li's stylists (or Silverstone's for that matter).

Airshark

Post by Airshark » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:42 am

Why would anybody choose the A10B over the P182? Like all Lian-Li cases, it's going to be a noise pig because of all the metal-to-metal contact. You're going to need to load it up with Accoustipack, and it's still not going to match the P182.

I'd much rather see a review of the Coolermaster COSMOS. I've heard conflicting opinions on this one, and it's a case that has a lot going for it if it all works. In particular, is its video card duct workable, or is it a repeat of the fiasco that was the VGA duct in the P180?

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:41 am

Hey! Take it easy on the PC-A10, it is really not that bad or noisy. I have one, and the only problem I have with it is its enormous size. In other words, now that I have it, where in the heck am I going to put something this big? And it is beautiful, which complicates the problem because it is nearly a displayable art object that should be spotlighted in a bookcase or shelf, not hidden away. Very dramatic looks. I have the PC-A10A, natural brushed aluminum with black trim. The OP's reference to the PC-A10B is black with natural aluminum trim, also very dramatic good looks.

Mine only needed a bit of egg crate foam around the front hard drive bay to help quiet the Seagate Barracuda ES hard drive, and to direct the airflow better. The foam drastically reduced noise and lowered hd temp by 4 to 5 deg. c.

I do have some noise, but it is due to water cooling pump, a Swiftech MCP-350. That sucker is going to get itself suspension mounted soon. As soon as I have the time. Then it will be nearly fully silent, roomy as a warehouse, and beautiful. Not to mention very well designed and built.

Besides, is there another case out there in which I could have mounted the entire watercooling system, pump, res., radiator and all, on the removable motherboard tray?

fri2219

Post by fri2219 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Airshark wrote:Why would anybody choose the A10B over the P182?
Possible reasons include, but are not limited to:
1) Weight
2) Durability
3) Ease of Assembly
4) Construction Quality/Attention to detail
5) More drive mounting/alignment options
6) Personal taste/aesthetics
7) Lian-Li case accessories
8) Ease of modification

Child

Post by Child » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:44 am

I got the A10 - and its e really great case. I know the P180 very well - its a great case but what I don't like about it is, that theres not that much room to work with on the inside.
The A10 got some more space - for a 8800 GTX eg. Which as far as I know only fits the P180 it u remove the upper HD-drive-bays.

One disadvantage of the A10 is the aluminum built body - it looks great but the big side panels tend to vibrate a bit. But I got rif of that.

Just visit my sysprofile-page whick is linked in my sig :D

EDIT: I hab a Thermaltake Shark and the A10 is just ab bit deeper - about 5cm I guess.