I Think the Antec P150 is for me - its not pink

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

ftwig

I Think the Antec P150 is for me - its not pink

Post by ftwig » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:09 am

I am building a new PC so have been looking at what case to use. I already have a Antec Overture II which I use for my PVR and am very happy with it. I have been reading various reviews and think the P150 is for me, the P180 is a little large to put it mildly. Was wnadering if anyone had any other sugestions for cases I should look at. With this in mind I will list what I like about the P150:-

* It is ver cool & quiet.
* Is is standard ATX.
* It is fairly small (17").
* It looks good (this is important and I hate the neon/bling look - to me this is very tacky, I want something with a bit of style).
* Its not black (it is a common misconception black PCs are faster, this is in fact wrong as basic understanding of quantum theory/dark matter will show. Pink is in fact the fastest color but I guess I may not be secure enough in my sexuality for a pink PC).

Regards,
Ben

crispyfish

Post by crispyfish » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:29 am

Yeah but the ladies dig black.

Kremmit

Post by Kremmit » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:14 pm

You're in luck- I think I read another post somewhere on these forums that Antec was going to start selling colored trim packages for the P150. Pink was specifically mentioned.

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:51 am

Hi, I've used Antec P150 (and Solo) and it's a great case for a really quiet PC. The PSU is really quiet as long as the case temps remain sensible, the tri-cool fan in the rear is OK on low and the grill is free flowing so no need to cut it out. The HDD options are fantastic, 4 drive trays with very soft grommets are more than enough de-coupling for most people and secure enough to move PC around. The elastic (now un-failing fabric coated) suspension bands work brilliantly for ultimate HDD de-coupling (up to three HDDs). The holes all the way round the front allow good air intake with out letting much noise out or looking ugly.
Overall I think it's stylish and very functional case, the best thing is no modding is needed. Use reasonably quiet HDD(s), CPU and graphics coolers and that's it!
If you want a challenge and lots of modding work then it's probably not for you but if you just want an out-the-box solution that works well I don't think there's anything better.
Seb

aidanjm2004

Re: I Think the Antec P150 is for me - its not pink

Post by aidanjm2004 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:02 pm

ftwig wrote:Pink is in fact the fastest color but I guess I may not be secure enough in my sexuality for a pink PC).
http://www.pccasegear.com/prod4298.htm

:)

Chris Chan

Post by Chris Chan » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:24 pm

aidanjm2004 - Yecch! No hard drive decoupling! (Shoot me for having no sense of humour later.)

OP - You can't go wrong with the P150. Antec even used it as the base for their Atlas 550 server case, which shows its versatility.