Beatiful wooden case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Beatiful wooden case

Post by spookmineer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Yuugou by Greensabbath

The complete process of making this case is written in 13 pages.
Not for the sake of functionality or good airflow (the main parts are watercooled), just because it looks very good.
No glue used on any of the wood for this case, or nails or screws to hold it together.
Inside the wood case, there is another home made aluminium case as well.
Wiring is planned and held in place by aluminium blocks.

Not posting an end-result pic, because the process getting there really is enjoyable. There are a lot of details which are very well thought out.

It may not be directly related to what most people here are looking for, but I think it's inspiring. Craftsmanship with a capital C.

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:27 pm

I believe "stunning" is the word I am looking for.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:32 pm

Anybody who doesn't like the looks of a wood case, better look at this project for a few hours......then explain how a metal case could look any better. This is not really a computer case at all. It's a work of art.

My only concern would be with the wood swelling slightly, making this case impossible to take apart. And that would be a shame, considering the work involved to make the perfect joints without any glue or screws. I like the interior metal framework, which makes the whole project even more classy.

My attempts at wood computer cases look pathetic next to this masterpiece....but I know for sure, my wood cases are quieter. :lol:

echn111

Post by echn111 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:42 am

That's an excellent piece of modern furniture, and a great example of where I'd like to see computer cases go. We have too many stale aluminum cases - a classy piece of furniture like this looks so much better and I'd buy something similar if I could.

I like that and the other case, the Sangaku.

Both are stunning. As customized furniture they're probably quite expensive but look great. How about a watercooled wood case next?

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:05 pm

that's insanely awesome.

It really is a work of art. Lots of skill and craftsman knowledge of metal and wood at the same time. jeez.

dentaku

Re: Beatiful wooden case

Post by dentaku » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 am

Just the aluminium by itself is great.

I wonder if it's quiet with all those little fans in it? My guess is that it's not.