In Win L613T

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

wsc

In Win L613T

Post by wsc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Anyone out there have this case? It's just about the smallest mATX case I have seen that still has full height expansion slots. The proprietary PSU is probably loud and will require modding, but I'm okay with that. I'm wondering what bumps in the road I will encounter trying to use this case for a small, quiet system (E8400 based).

Alternatively, does anyone have recommendations for other small cases with full height expansion slots?

aztec

Post by aztec » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:02 pm

That looks very much like the Chenbro PC805.

http://usa.chenbro.com/corporatesite/pr ... p?serno=12

The Chenbro has a few more extra and useful features though.

I actually would prefer the build quality of the Chenbro.

I would consider the Antec NSK3480 as well. Stadard ATX PSU, but slightly bigger case.

wsc

Post by wsc » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:22 pm

I did check out the NSK3480, but I instead went for the NSK1380. I think I can get by with just the single 120mm PSU fan ventilating the whole case... time will tell.

Ard

Post by Ard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I have this case; I've had it since this summer.
Let me start by saying that I REALLY wanted to like this case; its well made but has *serious* air flow problems...
The power supply is decent and pretty quiet. The fan is on the inside botton, right over the CPU, pulling air in from the case to blow out the back of the supply. I cut the grill in front of the fan and air flow increased.
Next, the side flan blows down right on top of the CPU fan. It was very noisy with the two air speeds hitting each other. I tried everything and just ended up removing the fan and creating a duct so that the CPU fan pulled cool air in.
The bottom of the case gets VERY hot with a longer graphics card (8500GT). The vid card got very hot and so I got one of those vid card fans that blow the hot air out the back, taking up a PCI slot (which is fine since I have free slots)
But still, the hard drives and memory got no air flow...
So, at the bottom of the case, I ended up removing the usb / audio panel and with some sheet metal work, moving it up to the top into the floppy drive bay. I had to remake the USB cable as it wasn't long enough... I was then able to put an 80mm fan, 5volt down at the bottom to draw fresh air in (and snipped the heck out the case to let the air flow better.
I also tried putting some 60mm fans on low speed in the grill in back over the mboard connectors (usb, ethernet, etc)
I tried like heck to get this thing quiet and cool but to no avail. It now sits without the case cover on it, mangled and only the vid, CPU and power supply fans running.
I really like the case, it looks nice as heck, but I am looking for another case at this point.
Oh, almost forgot, had to put a 5v mod fan on the mboard chipset as it ran "burnt my fingers" hot.
IF I used the onboard video and a cooler mboard, it probably would have run cool enough.

Mboard P5L-MX
CPU Intel 4300
Single Sata drive