Has Silverstone LC04 been discontinued?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

tbessie

Has Silverstone LC04 been discontinued?

Post by tbessie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all...

I was looking into the Silverstone LC04 case, and I can only find one site that claims to sell it. All the others, including all the major ones, don't have it, despite the Silverstone site still listing it.

Does anyone know if they've stopped making them?

- Tim

hmsrolst
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by hmsrolst » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:29 pm

When I google it, I get at least two that say it's in stock. I have one, and it's a very nice case.

tbessie

Post by tbessie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:47 pm

hmsrolst wrote:When I google it, I get at least two that say it's in stock. I have one, and it's a very nice case.
I guess that what worries me is all the major carriers no longer carry it.

By the way, I'm thinking of putting this ASUS mATX board in it with a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3Ghz) in it, and 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive.

Do you think I can get that setup not to overheat? I'd read about overheating troubles with it sometimes, though almost all of those included a video card.

- Tim

hmsrolst
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by hmsrolst » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:37 pm

tbessie wrote:By the way, I'm thinking of putting this ASUS mATX board in it with a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3Ghz) in it, and 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive.

Do you think I can get that setup not to overheat? I'd read about overheating troubles with it sometimes, though almost all of those included a video card.
I've ran mine only with a MoDT board and Pentium M CPU with no problem, so I don't know how it will do with regular desktop parts. It did run warmer with an AGP card (which uses a taller riser) than with a PCI card, and the bracket that holds the optical drive along with a riser card is somewhat restrictive. However, I think that it's likely that, even with your components, if you use onboard video, you should be fine.

tbessie

Post by tbessie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:38 pm

hmsrolst wrote:
tbessie wrote:By the way, I'm thinking of putting this ASUS mATX board in it with a Core 2 Duo E8400 (3Ghz) in it, and 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive.

I've ran mine only with a MoDT board and Pentium M CPU with no problem, so I don't know how it will do with regular desktop parts. It did run warmer with an AGP card (which uses a taller riser) than with a PCI card, and the bracket that holds the optical drive along with a riser card is somewhat restrictive. However, I think that it's likely that, even with your components, if you use onboard video, you should be fine.
Thanks much! I just got the case, so this weekend I'll be trying it out!

- Tim