IP35 + TRUE + Solo - Will it fit?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

jimbo7707

IP35 + TRUE + Solo - Will it fit?

Post by jimbo7707 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Well, my delayed build is back on track and I'm considering an Abit IP35 for the fan control options with a TRUE in a Solo case. Is anybody running this config? I know this will work with the Gigabyte P35-DS* boards but haven't been able to find anybody running it with the Abit board and afraid of support bar clearance in the Solo.

TIA

alfhenrik

Post by alfhenrik » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:21 am

I run an Intel board (915PBL) in a SOLO with a TRU120, it's a bit of a squeeze to get in there but you just need to bend the top fin a tiny bit, and it'll bounce back anyway...

Iron_Dreamer

Post by Iron_Dreamer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 pm

I set up an IP35pro w/TRUE in a a Solo, and it was a very tight fit, we had to pull out on the horizontal bar underneath the PSU in order to clear the heatsink while positioning the motherboard in the case. It definitely fits, but it is quite snug between the HS and PSU area, and getting the fan clips on properly took some doing. But it's up and running well now, so it was worth the journey, in my book.

Here is a pic for you to feast on:

jimbo7707

Post by jimbo7707 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks Dreamer. That was what I was looking for. I knew it would be close but it looks like there isn't a mm to spare. But like you say, once it is up and running you don't have to worry about it again. Thanks for the picture.

Jim

oldabelincoln

Post by oldabelincoln » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 am

Iron_Dreamer wrote:...it was a very tight fit, we had to pull out on the horizontal bar underneath the PSU in order to clear the heatsink while positioning the motherboard in the case.

On the P150, it's secured by rivets. Did you have to drill out a rivet on the Solo? If so, how did you choose to secure the bar afterwards?

josephclemente

Post by josephclemente » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:16 pm

I removed the support bar from my Solo as well. Only, it is still removed. I'm not sure if I'll bother putting it back.

Drilling is an easy way to remove it. I didn't have my drill handy so I just stuck a small screwdriver into the center of the rivet hole and started to pry the head of the rivet off by tilting the screwdriver all around until it popped.

Iron_Dreamer

Post by Iron_Dreamer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 am

I didn't remove the support bar, I did have to have someone else pull out on it (there is some give to the piece), while I guided the mobo into place. I didn't have to do anything to the rivets, just a simple tug on the bar at the right place and time got the job done.

Rackafella

Post by Rackafella » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:25 am

Iron_Dreamer wrote:I set up an IP35pro w/TRUE in a a Solo, and it was a very tight fit, we had to pull out on the horizontal bar underneath the PSU in order to clear the heatsink while positioning the motherboard in the case. It definitely fits, but it is quite snug between the HS and PSU area, and getting the fan clips on properly took some doing. But it's up and running well now, so it was worth the journey, in my book.

Here is a pic for you to feast on:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2303/dsc0852ii8.jpg
could you not just put the fan in front of the true on the back of it instead and remove the fan on the case? Wouldnt that give just about the same airflow thru the case och tru the heatsink with one less fan?