In praise of Antec (and my P180b)

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

sundevil_1997

In praise of Antec (and my P180b)

Post by sundevil_1997 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 am

A couple weeks ago, I was trying to put my USB thumb drive into the front connections on my P180B case. For some reason it wouldn't go in. So, I checked the USB port...and much to my surprise, I was able to easily remove the black plastic piece that is used in the port to hold the connector in place. In fact, the black plastic piece on the OTHER port came out as well. I sat there for a while just amazed as I held both essential little plastic pieces in my hand, and I thought...well hell, there goes using those front ports. I was a little disappointed and miffed. I was not aware ever of anything in those ports getting bent or anything, and I've only rarely had things plugged into both ports at the same time, so I had no idea what could have caused that to both ports.

I had just given up on using those ports, when it eventually occured to me...hey, this might still be under warranty. I checked my order form that newegg sent me...and it was 1 week past a year ago. Doh! I thought I had just missed it.

But I went onto the Antec site and was amazed and pleased to see that they actually cover the case for 3 years! So, I decided what the heck, and filled out the online antec form and described my problem.

Within a few days I got a response asking for a copy of the order form to be emailed, and also my mailing address. I responded with both, and the next reply I got said simply "It is shipped".

Sure enough, yesterday I get in the mail a whole new front connector assembly. I'll have to open up the case and unscrew the old one and make the new connections, but it's well worth it.

I'm just amazed at how good Antec is, not only their products, but their support. You rarely see that kind of customer care anymore. They've made me a customer for life...although, to be honest, I don't see myself ever buying another case anytime soon because these 2 P180B's are fantastic.

Anyway, if there was any place where some Antec love would be appreciated, I figured it was here.
:wink:

AntecRep
-- Vendor --

Thanks for the love!

Post by AntecRep » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

Appreciate the good report and just wanted to let anyone whom needs it know what the location is for the Ticket system.

http://www.antec.com/newticket.html

We get to nearly all of the tickets within a business day. Make sure you type your email address correctly. If you need parts, include your shipping address. If you need an RMA, include the serial number of your power supply also.

cb95014

Re: Thanks for the love!

Post by cb95014 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 pm

AntecRep wrote:We get to nearly all of the tickets within a business day.
I called Antec support a couple of weeks ago, and they picked-up on the second ring. No music, no disembodied computer voice, but a real, live person. I was shocked! :shock: No hassles (just requested an email copy of my receipt) and I received the replacement part about 3 days later. Your support is terrific!

Thank you! This gives me confidence to buy your stuff. Lots of it. :D

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 am

My thumbdrive removed the same plastic thing from P182 the very same day I received the case. I contacted support. Week from that I get 3 am post drops of a small package into my postbox from antec: voila: Entire new sets of front connection set and even screws to attach them ^^

xev

Post by xev » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 am

Just wondering where the case serial number is located. i tried submitting a ticket for a front side mini-door (the ones that cover the fan filters on the P180B), but it asked for the serial.

And my next case will most likely be another Antec

AntecRep
-- Vendor --

When is an RMA not an RMA

Post by AntecRep » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 am

When it's a case...

There's a field for serial number on the ticket form, but unless you're inquiring about a PSU, you don't fill it out.

There's no serial number on our cases. On our power supplies, it's on the bar-coded sticker. The sticker may be immediately visible upon opening the case, or you might need to take the screws out and turn the PSU around to see it. That will depend on the case design and whether the PSU is installed right-side up or not. Sometimes "right-side up" is not the best way, which is why the vast majority of our cases have multiple screw holes so the PSU can be installed right-side up or inverted.