Nexus Clodius..?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

lodestar

Re: Nexus Clodius..?

Post by lodestar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:00 pm

To go back to what you said in the first place, your saw the Nexus Clodius case on special offer, and there was nothing on the box it came in that said exactly what the fan spec was. So you decided that as the fan label said D12SL then it could only be one fan, the well-known Nexus 1000 rpm model.

But Nexus actually produce three different 120mm fans. There is the PWM fan, which is also marked D12SL. It has a 500 to 2000 rpm range, so is clearly an entirely different spec despite the marking. And since you observed it yourself, the 1700 rpm fan fitted to the Clodius case is also marked D12SL.

So you were not aware at the time that Nexus used D12SL as a general brand on three different fans. Confusing, yes potentially. Intended to deceive? Of course not.

It was your responsibility to check exactly what you were buying, and you didn't. Most people research a case before buying it, including checking the manufacturers web site and internet reviews. You didn't. You took a chance, and then discovered the assumption you had made about the fans was incorrect. But there can be no doubt that it was an assumption.

vanhus

Re: Nexus Clodius..?

Post by vanhus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:08 pm

lodestar wrote:To go back to what you said in the first place, your saw the Nexus Clodius case on special offer, and there was nothing on the box it came in that said exactly what the fan spec was. So you decided that as the fan label said D12SL then it could only be one fan, the well-known Nexus 1000 rpm model.
You are making an assumption; it wasn't on a special offer. But you are right, there was nothing about the rpm on the case or the manual, but the fans did have NEXUS D12SL labels on them so indentification was fairly easy and the specs well known. So, in the end I didn't decide they are the 1000 rpm model, the sticker did it for me.
lodestar wrote:But Nexus actually produce three different 120mm fans. There is the PWM fan, which is also marked D12SL. It has a 500 to 2000 rpm range, so is clearly an entirely different spec despite the marking. And since you observed it yourself, the 1700 rpm fan fitted to the Clodius case is also marked D12SL.
Three? Nope, only TWO. Like you state, they produce PWM series of fans, which are clearly labeled PWM series and have product name D12SL-12 PWM. Their lineup also offer "basic" version of the fan, which also comes with the Clodius case: D12SL-12. What's the third one, I can't find any OFFICIAL information about it on the site? I've already asked to provide me with the official specsheet for 1700 rpm D12SL-12 fan, I'm still to see one.
lodestar wrote:So you were not aware at the time that Nexus used D12SL as a general brand on three different fans. Confusing, yes potentially. Intended to deceive? Of course not.
Please, do provide me the specsheet for the third fan you are referring to. If you can't, your post is totally, completely irrelevant and only serves the needs of misleading. For some reason I think you and the company you so eagerly defend prefer it that way.
lodestar wrote:It was your responsibility to check exactly what you were buying, and you didn't. Most people research a case before buying it, including checking the manufacturers web site and internet reviews. You didn't. You took a chance, and then discovered the assumption you had made about the fans was incorrect. But there can be no doubt that it was an assumption.
Repetitive? Again I have to say I checked the product. Again I have to say I checked especially the fans. Again I have to say there's no information whatsoever about the speeds of the fans on the box and only indication of their speed comes in form of product name, that's stamped on the label of the fan. AGAIN I have to say, as you really can't read: had I made an assumption, I would have assumed D12SL fan IS NOT A D12SL fan. Period.

I really don't see how your argument can stand on its own without the specsheet. As far as I can tell, you have no argument at all. By third fan you are referring to a fan, which only exists in clodius case, but is sold under the name of NEXUS D12SL-12, which is ONLY known to run at 1000 rpm. THAT IS A FRAUDE.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 am

OK, I think we are getting there slowly.

So you accept that the two Nexus retail 120mm fans have the model codes D12SL-12 and D12SL-12 PWM. The PWM fan, despite the D12SL-12 branding is completely different to the fixed speed fan.

Then you have the Clodius case, which according to the Nexus website has real silent black and white fans whose speed can be varied with the controller to between 1000 and 1700 rpm. This is clearly a third fan since it has a spec which does not match either of the Nexus retail fans. It is not sold separately, only as part of the Clodius case.

You said that when you looked at the Clodius fans, they had D12SL-12 on the label. All that shows it that all Nexus 120mm fans have D12SL-12 on their labels, which is indeed the situation. The PWM fan is easy to distinguish because apart from being marked PWM it also made of transparent plastic. The standard D12SL-12 and the Clodious D12SL-12 fan look exactly the same, both being black and white. The only difference is that one runs at 1000 rpm and the other at 1700 rpm.

So I can see why if someone looked at the Clodius case they might assume that it was the 1000 rpm model fan that was fitted. But how likely is it that a fan with a top speed of only 1000 rpm would be fitted to a case with such a prominent fan controller? This alone should have alerted you to the possibility that despite its appearance and the D12SL-12 branding that it was not the same as the retail 1000 rpm fan.

You agree that there was nothing on the box, or included with the case that said anything about the fan speeds. So you decided to go ahead and buy on the basis of a fan label. Now with some makes such as Scythe or Noctua the model numbers and labels do reflect fan speeds, but Nexus model numbers/labels have no information about fan speeds. And as we have already seen even D12SL-12 just means a 120mm fan, and nothing more.

So you took a chance, and it didn't pay off. I have no connection with Nexus other than as a purchaser of their products. I have no complaints with the Nexus 1000 rpm D12SL-12 which sells for £4 here in the UK. But I don't see why somebody who bought a case without checking what they were buying first should then make claims of fraud. You made a mistake pure and simple. To paraphrase the old saying 'Check twice and buy once...'

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 am

lodestar wrote:OK, I think we are getting there slowly.
Yes we are. Where is the specsheet for this third fan you were referring to?
lodestar wrote:So you accept that the two Nexus retail 120mm fans have the model codes D12SL-12 and D12SL-12 PWM. The PWM fan, despite the D12SL-12 branding is completely different to the fixed speed fan.
The D12SL-12 PWM has different label and it indeed says PWM on the sticker of the fan, even the plastic of the fan is different. Identification is therefor no buzz even to brain dead people. As there are only TWO productlines of fans, making mistake here is hard, if not impossible; PWM fan is a PWM fan. D12SL-12 fan is a D12SL-12 fan. Existence of two fans I agree, but like you ORIGINALLY suggested: THREE fans, NO. I still need to underline that though there are two productline of fans, at Nexus site there is only evindence of the existence of one D12SL-12 fan, as the other one is clearly labeled as a D12SL-12 PWM fan. In short, there is only one D12SL-12 fan - unless you can bring me the specsheet of the 1700 rpm fan that existed before I made the purchase.
lodestar wrote:Then you have the Clodius case, which according to the Nexus website has real silent black and white fans whose speed can be varied with the controller to between 1000 and 1700 rpm. This is clearly a third fan since it has a spec which does not match either of the Nexus retail fans. It is not sold separately, only as part of the Clodius case.
You ASSUME the case fan on Clodius site is called D12SL-12 and expect me to ASSUME so too. INTERESTING. However when at store, this is what you KNOW:

There is no information about the RPM of the fans on the box or the manual. Only information provided about the fans is the sticker slapped to the fan; the sticker says D12SL-12 which is a known product with reliable, respectable specs. The D12SL-12 tops at 1000 rpm and this is the information retail box of the fan, not to mention Nexus site provides.
lodestar wrote:You said that when you looked at the Clodius fans, they had D12SL-12 on the label. All that shows it that all Nexus 120mm fans have D12SL-12 on their labels, which is indeed the situation. The PWM fan is easy to distinguish because apart from being marked PWM it also made of transparent plastic.

Ah, I am to ASSUME there are MORE 120MM fans than the D12SL-12 and D12SL-12 PWM. HOW?
lodestar wrote:The standard D12SL-12 and the Clodious D12SL-12 fan look exactly the same, both being black and white. The only difference is that one runs at 1000 rpm and the other at 1700 rpm.
Jackpot, you got it. Misleading once done deliberately to benefit from other people is called FRAUDE around here.

Like you say, they look the same, the labels are the same and only thing that separates them is the RPM figure. In short, they are sold as D12SL-12 fans which btw is a product name, not productline name. In case they wanted to change the fans, I'm ASSUMING they would have also changed the label, AS THEY DID WITH THE PWM FAN. Instead they chose to mislead people, deliberately.
lodestar wrote:So I can see why if someone looked at the Clodius case they might assume that it was the 1000 rpm model fan that was fitted. But how likely is it that a fan with a top speed of only 1000 rpm would be fitted to a case with such a prominent fan controller? This alone should have alerted you to the possibility that despite its appearance and the D12SL-12 branding that it was not the same as the retail 1000 rpm fan.
I don't think I need to explain one more time, why I didn't make an assumption, but I will any way as you are reading impaired. Only way one could have made an assumption was to assume D12SL-12 fan is not D12SL-12 fan.

Now, HOW LIKELY IS IT WHAT? Are you asking me to assume them D12SL fans to run more than 1000 rpm? THINK AGAIN.

The label says it's D12SL-12 fan, so that's what it is. Nexus site still does not give specs for D12SL-12 fan that runs at 1700 rpm and you also fail to bring them on to the table. HOW AM I TO ASSUME D12SL-12 FAN RUNS AT 1700 RPM, AS THERE IS NO INDICATION OF SUCH ON THE BOX, MANUAL OR THE FAN?
lodestar wrote:You agree that there was nothing on the box, or included with the case that said anything about the fan speeds. So you decided to go ahead and buy on the basis of a fan label. Now with some makes such as Scythe or Noctua the model numbers and labels do reflect fan speeds, but Nexus model numbers/labels have no information about fan speeds. And as we have already seen even D12SL-12 just means a 120mm fan, and nothing more.
I agree, there was no information on the box. It never said the D12SL-12 fan will run 1700 rpms. It never said on the manual the D12SL-12 fan will run 1700 rpm. Only information avail is the fan label, which happens to be a known product. Luckily the information about the fan is widely available, so crosschecking the specs isn't very hard - even at hardwarestore. There is no "third" 1700 rpm D12SL-12, just ONE. THE ONE tops at 1000 rpm.
lodestar wrote:So you took a chance, and it didn't pay off. I have no connection with Nexus other than as a purchaser of their products. I have no complaints with the Nexus 1000 rpm D12SL-12 which sells for £4 here in the UK. But I don't see why somebody who bought a case without checking what they were buying first should then make claims of fraud. You made a mistake pure and simple. To paraphrase the old saying 'Check twice and buy once...'
So let's wrap this up. What you are saying is:

I made a faulty assumption by thinking D12SL-12 FAN is a D12SL-12 fan. Instead, I should have ASSUMED D12SL-12 FAN IS NOT A D12SL-12 FAN. I should have gone as far as ASSUMING THERE MUST BE A D12SL-12 FAN, THAT DOES NOT MEET THE SPECS OF THE RETAIL D12SL-12 FAN AND THIS CASE HAS THAT KIND OF FAN. And why should I have done such assumption? BECAUSE IT HAS A FAN CONTROLLER?

Darwin awards, I think we have a candidate.

Techno Pride

Post by Techno Pride » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 am

Namheul wrote:
Techno Pride wrote:I don't understand this entire thread at all. What furthur research needs to be done when the label already says "D12SL"?

A simple research for "D12SL" on SPCR forums would reveal 1000 or 1350 rpm, never 1700rpm...
And a simple search on the case will reveal 1700rpm fans...

The fact of the matter is, that he bought a CASE, not some fans. If he had researched the CASE he bought, he would realise they come with 1700rpm fans.

Delete this thread!
This must be the 1st thread on SPCR that says if you see a fan with D12SL on it, it's not necessarily 1000 or 1350rpm. Sounds like a new logic that was invented on the spot.

Techno Pride

Post by Techno Pride » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:00 am

vanhus wrote: So let's wrap this up. What you are saying is:

I made a faulty assumption by thinking D12SL-12 FAN is a D12SL-12 fan. Instead, I should have ASSUMED D12SL-12 FAN IS NOT A D12SL-12 FAN. I should have gone as far as ASSUMING THERE MUST BE A D12SL-12 FAN, THAT DOES NOT MEET THE SPECS OF THE RETAIL D12SL-12 FAN AND THIS CASE HAS THAT KIND OF FAN. And why should I have done such assumption? BECAUSE IT HAS A FAN CONTROLLER?

Damn, next time if I see a cat, I can't assume it's a cat. I'd have to check for spikes on its slong to make sure it's a cat. Probably have to tickle it a bit to make the spikes come out.

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:37 pm

vanhus wrote:Darwin awards, I think we have a candidate.
I can understand you are pissed. At Nexus, (maybe a bit at yourself...) but don't take it out on fellow forum posters.
Most, if not all, can appreciate a good discussion but the above line should belong in a heated convo in the "off topic" section (if anywhere), not in the "cases" section.

Using bold is less intrusive than USING CAPS.

Namheul

Post by Namheul » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm

As has been posted by other members, D12SL does NOT represent one fan, it represents a group of fans. All nexus 120mm fans are D12SL.

Therefor, you made the ASSUMPTION that the fans in the case were something they are not. Your own fault.

And suggesting that Nexus is committing fraud is f~!@#$g stupid.

Research better next time, and you will make the correct purchase.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Let's stay on topic, and skip the personal insults.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:06 pm

spookmineer wrote:
vanhus wrote:Darwin awards, I think we have a candidate.
I can understand you are pissed. At Nexus, (maybe a bit at yourself...) but don't take it out on fellow forum posters.
Using things out of context is always brilliant:
vanhus wrote:So let's wrap this up. What you are saying is:

If you fail to see the logic behind lodestars thinking and do not feel like it should be awarded with Darwin award, you are free to think so. Still, you need to consider this: he insists I'm the one making assumptions, when the fact is, his whole argument is based on one huge assumption I should have made at store. Assumption, which I NEVER, EVER MADE. In short, I AM TO BLAME FOR NOT MAKING AN ASSUMPTION.
Namheul wrote:As has been posted by other members, D12SL does NOT represent one fan, it represents a group of fans. All nexus 120mm fans are D12SL.
It DOES represent ONE fan, as the OTHER FAN is not D12SL-12 but D12SL-12 PWM. It's clearly labeled and marketed as a different fan. Whole concept of them D12SL fans being a productline name was brought in to this conversation by Nexus. However, there is nothing about such productline on the site, as the site still does things the way they really are and were when I bought the case: it categorizes them fans in to TWO productlines: BASIC and PWM. Both lines have only ONE fan and there is absolutely no indication of other fans existence. READ: THERE WAS AND IS ONLY ONE D12SL-12 FAN.
Namheul wrote:Therefor, you made the ASSUMPTION that the fans in the case were something they are not. Your own fault.
You keep on insulting and attacking my intelligence, by suggesting INSTEAD OF ASSUMING D12SL-12 FAN IS A D12SL-12 FAN, I SHOULD HAVE ASSUMED D12SL-12 FAN IS NOT A D12SL. Way to go, especially considering the fact Nexus does not provide information about these alternative fan configurations on their website. In fact, they provided such information ONLY when approached, making finding and receiving the information even harder than just clicking on to their website. READ: THIS THREAD INVOLVES FACTS YOU AND THE REST OF THE WORLD DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT D12SL BEFORE EXISTENCE THIS THREAD. Therefor you can't use "the D12SL as a productline name" as an effective defense: it was not and still is not widely spread public information.
Namheul wrote:And suggesting that Nexus is committing fraud is f~!@#$g stupid.
Even lodestar agrees; the fans look exactly the same, only thing separating them is the RPM figure. There is absolutely no information about the RPM of the fan on the box, the manual and the only information about the RPM is provided by the fan labeling. The label does not suggest, but FORCES the fan into NEXUS D12SL-12 format. EVERYONE knows there is only ONE NEXUS D12SL-12 and such fan tops at 1000 rpm. Suggesting and assuming D12SL-12 fan to top at higher RPM is - like you suggest - f~!@#$g stupid. This is confirmed even by Nexus site.
Namheul wrote:Research better next time, and you will make the correct purchase.
No need to research if you buy from self- and customer respecting manufacturers. I think I'd rather do that.
NeilBlanchard wrote:Let's stay on topic, and skip the personal insults.
You don't find it insulting people keep insisting I made an assumption by believing D12SL-12 fan is a D12SL-12 fan, instead of ASSUMING it's something else? You don't consider such thing as an assault against the intelligence of the whole human population?
Techno Pride wrote:This must be the 1st thread on SPCR that says if you see a fan with D12SL on it, it's not necessarily 1000 or 1350rpm. Sounds like a new logic that was invented on the spot.
Scary thing is, these guys defending the labeling of the 1700 rpm fan don't see that they are giving Nexus rights to pack just about anything to the D12SL-12 fan package and sell it.
Techno Pride wrote:Damn, next time if I see a cat, I can't assume it's a cat. I'd have to check for spikes on its slong to make sure it's a cat. Probably have to tickle it a bit to make the spikes come out.
Exactly.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:28 am

Well I have now managed to get sight of a Clodius case fan complete with label. This is how it compares with the two other Nexus fans.

Nexus 120mm 1000 rpm retail fan
Branded: D12SL-12
Upper part of Label: White

Nexus 120mm PWM retail fan
Upper part of Label: Purple

Nexus 120mm 1700 rpm Clodius fan
Upper part of Label: Orange

In other words, Nexus brand all their 120mm fans with D12SL-12 and color code the top half of the fan label to distinguish between them.

The PWM fan is easy to pick out because it is made of transparent plastic, and the label is also marked PWM.

It is only the color of the top part of the fan label that distinguishes the other two in appearance if they are the black and white model.

So as has been repeated in this thread several times already the D12SL-12 branding applies to a group of fans, so that alone cannot be relied on in terms of determining what model a particular Nexus fan is.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 am

lodestar wrote:Well I have now managed to get sight of a Clodius case fan complete with label. This is how it compares with the two other Nexus fans.

Nexus 120mm 1000 rpm retail fan
Upper part of Label: White

Nexus 120mm PWM retail fan
Upper part of Label: Purple

Nexus 120mm 1700 rpm Clodius fan
Upper part of Label: Orange

In other words, Nexus brand all their 120mm fans with D12SL-12 and color code the top half of the fan label to distinguish between them.

The PWM fan is easy to pick out because it is made of transparent plastic, and the label is also marked PWM.

It is only the color of the top part of the fan label that distinguishes the other two in appearance if they are the black and white model.

So as has been repeated in this thread several times already the D12SL-12 branding applies to a group of fans, so that alone cannot be relied on in terms of determining what model a particular Nexus fan is.
Yet another ASSUMPTION. There is as much information about the color coding as there is about alternative configurations of D12SL-12 on the Nexus site. My fans had the same colour scheme as the retail ones, which makes your statement more of an uneducated guess, than real and pure information. Just to please yourself, take a look at the Clodius fans and the Retail fans:

Right under 7 hdd-bays:

http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexusclodius ... system.htm

Retail D12SL-12:

http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus120mmre ... asefan.htm

Let's play a game of spot the difference.

Just a few sidenotes; you had a look at them fans, but there was someone suggesting the fans are nowadays shipped without the label. Who was that person? YOU! How did you come to that conclusion? BY ASSUMING, PERHAPS?

Now, even though Nexus claims they call all their fans D12SL-12, this wasn't PUBLIC information before this thread was born; BEFORE THIS THREAD THERE WAS AND OFFICIALLY STILL IS ONLY ONE D12SL-12 FAN. This renders any attempt to use D12SL-12 as a productline name useless.

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am

i've been following this topic for a while, and i wanted to never enter, but i see all this nonsense, and would like to clearly point out something on the Clodius webpage:
♦The Nexus Clodius case is equipped with two real silent black and white case fans. The fans fitted inside the case are set with fan speed range of 1000 to 1700 RPM to be set with the front fan controller.

can it end now?

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:13 pm

vanhus wrote:stuff
After 3 pages, the message is clear. Whether people agree with the message or not, will generally not change after the first page. Repeating will not help as most will skip through it (and keep to their own opinions), so I wonder what the purpose is of all the posts on page 2 and 3 (this is not a condescending remark but an honoust question).
After a while, isn't it easier to say "I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it" and leave it at that?
vanhus wrote:You don't find it insulting people keep insisting I made an assumption by believing D12SL-12 fan is a D12SL-12 fan, instead of ASSUMING it's something else? You don't consider such thing as an assault against the intelligence of the whole human population?
Eh? :shock:
He said "skip the personal insults", not "keep on discussing it".
The second line is just... well... never mind.

It's funny how many times you accuse people of assuming something, while you never did.

"To assume": To suppose to be true, especially without proof.
The proof is in the pudding.
bonestonne wrote:can it end now?
Yes, please.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 pm

bonestonne wrote:can it end now?
..I wish, but I suppose not:
spookmineer wrote:
vanhus wrote:spookmineer does not consider my thoughts to be worthy of quoting, so instead he puts into my mouth word "stuff" - just like lodestar is trying to put into my mouth words "I assume"
After 3 pages, the message is clear.

I wish. To a person with normal IQ, this is the case. However lodestar keeps on going with his non-factual arguments and even worse, for a while tried to put assumptions into my mouth, as he/she was bold enough to claim I made faulty assumption (for not making one) and instead insists, I should have made an astronomical leap in assuming.
spookmineer wrote:Whether people agree with the message or not, will generally not change after the first page. Repeating will not help as most will skip through it (and keep to their own opinions), so I wonder what the purpose is of all the posts on page 2 and 3 (this is not a condescending remark but an honoust question).
After a while, isn't it easier to say "I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it" and leave it at that?
You are right, repeating won't change a thing. As you've come to realize, I'm not about to change my opinion, but I'm also not letting anyone to ASSUME what my opinion is. I can't respect that. I also can't respect lodestars desperate attempts to mislead people even further with his/her assumptions. There was and still is only one D12SL-12 fan. There are no colour codes. I made no assumption, though he/she insists I should have made one in the first place.
spookmineer wrote:
vanhus wrote:You don't find it insulting people keep insisting I made an assumption by believing D12SL-12 fan is a D12SL-12 fan, instead of ASSUMING it's something else? You don't consider such thing as an assault against the intelligence of the whole human population?
Eh? :shock:
He said "skip the personal insults", not "keep on discussing it".
The second line is just... well... never mind.

It's funny how many times you accuse people of assuming something, while you never did.
I'm not accusing, I'm pointing the flaw in their way of thinking. People (lodestar) can't assume I made an assumption, when I didn't make one. They can't assume there are THREE D12SL-12 fans, when the fact is there is only one. They can't assume there are colour codes, when the fact is there is none. They can't go as far as assuming what Nexus means by saying "silent case fans" equals D12SL-12. That's not FACTUAL way to create information.
spookmineer wrote:"To assume": To suppose to be true, especially without proof.
The proof is in the pudding.
"To assume": There is God. "To KNOW": There is no EVIDENCE of God.

Based on what I KNOW, I AM RIGHT. Opposition simply wants to shake the fundamentals of my opinion with weak assumptions and repetitive attacks against basic human intelligence. No matter how many times they repeat what they want to ASSUME/BELIEVE, it still won't make it REAL.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:20 am

Please reread bonestonne's post above.

And please stop the "shouting" or this thread will be locked.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:51 am

NeilBlanchard wrote:Please reread bonestonne's post above.

And please stop the "shouting" or this thread will be locked.
I'm shouting?

I'm shouting!!

If you can't tolerate the way people type, MAYBE you should consider giving up the moderator rights. Also, in case you feel like YOU have the rights to control the direction of the conversation by making DEMANDS of the subject I or rest of the people are supposed to talk about, I can only wish good luck with that. Still I must admit I didn't expect to loose the Freedom of speech once I signed to SPCR forums.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:14 am

Greetings,

I think everyone who reads this thread understands that you are upset. But, if you missed finding the notice on their web page (as quoted above), then you have a choice to make:

RMA the case.

Replace the fans.

Live with it as is.

There is no use getting upset at the other people here on the forum. I have a thick skin, and I'm not even the least bit upset. I do not, however, want to see a shouting match take place.

Do you have anything else to discuss about the Nexus case and/or fans?

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 am

If you can't tolerate the way people type, MAYBE you should consider giving up the moderator rights. Also, in case you feel like YOU have the rights to control the direction of the conversation by making DEMANDS of the subject I or rest of the people are supposed to talk about, I can only wish good luck with that. Still I must admit I didn't expect to loose the Freedom of speech once I signed to SPCR forums.
Leaving aside the fact that you have been rude to an extremely long-standing member of these forums (NB) for no good reason, freedom of speech does NOT, repeat NOT mean you can witter on endlessly about whatever petty subject has put a bee in your bonnet to the detriment of the good and useful functioning of the forums. when you join SPCR you are joining a community; think of it as entering someone's home. if I barged into someone's house and started going on and on about what, in the final analysis, are pretty inconsequential problems, I would be a pretty unwelcome guest, and by extension that is exactly what you have done. to be honest you are very lucky the mods on SPCR are so tolerant, any other forum would have cut off your monomaniacal ranting after the 3rd or 4th post.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Greetings,

I think everyone who reads this thread understands that you are upset.
Yet another assumption; I'm not upset, I have been scammed. It's quite different to be scammed than upset. I firmly believe the information and the matter should not only be shared, but discussed, as this is a prime example of corporate politics running over consumer rights. Not everything and anything should be allowed - even to a multi-million business. What Nexus is doing is plain wrong.

I'm astounted to find out the number of fanatics out there, seeking justification for what the company does, instead of noticing the obvious. To make matters even worse, it only takes few of the "bad seeds" to mislead the herd and as seen on this thread, they try and fill it with misinformation, information that wasn't even born near the truth. I'm quite suprised to see a moderator joining this kind of fashion, but then again, I wouldn't be suprised to find out Nexus has or even at the moment is supporting/sponsoring the site.
NeilBlanchard wrote:But, if you missed finding the notice on their web page (as quoted above), then you have a choice to make:

RMA the case.

Replace the fans.

Live with it as is.
This really isn't about what's on the website, but what is and is not on the box. You, with many people fail to see that. Instead you keep on doing what the opposition does, insisting me to RMA the product, replace the fans but most of all, SHUT THE F*** UP. For some reason that really shovels the shade of Nexus sponsorship over this site.
NeilBlanchard wrote:There is no use getting upset at the other people here on the forum. I have a thick skin, and I'm not even the least bit upset. I do not, however, want to see a shouting match take place.
I'm not upset at other people, I'm upset at the WAY they try to put things into my mouth. I'm upset about the fact they fail to see what's the point and to some degree, feel inadecuate for not being able to put this thing into format simple enough people to understand what I'm saying. You make an excellent example of this. Instead of understanding the point, you keep on rambling about something that's totally irrelevant. That to me is very, very depressing.
NeilBlanchard wrote:Do you have anything else to discuss about the Nexus case and/or fans?
Nope. I said it before and I will say it again: the case is exactly what I paid for; mediocore at best. The controller works the way it's supposed to work, only thing that bothers me are the fans. They simply aren't what they are labeled to be. Unlike suggested, they are not labeled any differently from the retail fans (had them on the table and couldn't tell the difference without plugging them in). There are no colour-codes on them, there was and still is no official alternative configuration of D12SL-12 fan. After being hailed over the matter, Nexus came up with idea of calling ALL their fans D12SL-12. This however was not and still is not public information, but only avail to limited amount of people (at this moment to those that read this thread and to those, that have managed to pull the information out of Nexus). Since this is the case, people buying the case basing their puchase decicion solely on fans are being scammed into buying the case. Nexus - I assume - in fear of massive customer returns and even lawsuites washes their hands off the matter by calling all their fans D12SL.

Now, what tickles me most is the general approach on this particular site: I am to blame for being the bastard that believed D12SL-12 fan is a D12SL-12. I am to blame for not assuming the D12SL-12 fan is NOT a D12SL-12 fan. In the future I'm guessing I'm to blame for D12SL-12 fans that run at 1700 rpm, as I wasn't able to deliver the information widely enough, especially because my humble attempts to do so were denied by few corporate who-rescue-men.

I'm guessing you are putting an end to this thread, as the corporate who-rescue-men weren't able to deliver a reliable nor even comfortable reasoning and the sites owner really, really likes the flow of free stuff and maybe even sponsorship money..?

I don't blame you for that.

vanhus

Post by vanhus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:18 pm

jaganath wrote:
Leaving aside the fact that you have been rude to an extremely long-standing member of these forums (NB) for no good reason,

How am I rude? Isn't even suggesting something like that rude? What I am is STRICT. I don't feel the NEED to be nice, but accurate and factual. I wish there were more people like me; sugar-coating is rarely an aswer, but to some people it seems it is a solution.
jaganath wrote:freedom of speech does NOT, repeat NOT mean you can witter on endlessly about whatever petty subject has put a bee in your bonnet to the detriment of the good and useful functioning of the forums.

Actually, that's exactly what it does.
jaganath wrote:when you join SPCR you are joining a community; think of it as entering someone's home.

Well, according to this I'm being attacked at my home for having a firm opinion? Wonder if I moved to the middle east?!
jaganath wrote:if I barged into someone's house and started going on and on about what, in the final analysis, are pretty inconsequential problems, I would be a pretty unwelcome guest, and by extension that is exactly what you have done.

I never attacked anyone personally. Ever. I simply returned the highly unpolite attacks against my (and everyones) intelligence. Take a look at the structure of the thread and you will very soon realize I was the one who received the first punch. I didn't give it. I had to get repetitive, as the opposition got repetitive. It's not my fault if people can't get over the fact Nexus is scamming people and try to find petty excuses for a company to do that.
jaganath wrote:to be honest you are very lucky the mods on SPCR are so tolerant, any other forum would have cut off your monomaniacal ranting after the 3rd or 4th post.
Oh, so Nexus sponsorship talks and the thread is going to be cut and locked so it appears Nexus is doing nothing wrong?

Way to go.

[Mod: It has absolutely nothing to do with Nexus, and everything to do with the size of that chip on your shoulder. Lighten up and enjoy your life.

You have given any other potential buyers fair warning, that's for sure!]

nici

Post by nici » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:33 pm

You don't have to "sugar-coat" anything, but being polite would be welcome, it is possible to be firm and strict while being polite. Try that sometime, you would be positively surprised by how much better that works.

Relax, it's not worth getting an ulcer because of some fans. Yes principle and human rights and evil megacorporations and all that, but c'mon.

It's highly unlikely that Nexus is intentionally deceiving for financial gain on this matter. More likely a case of "let's just slap the same sticker on", a decicion probably made at the OEM, and for the vast majority of customers this is irrelevant.

Wouldn't you agree that a fan range of 1000-1700rpm is more useful than 500-1000rpm for most systems? Meaning a system with stock coolers and hard-mounted HDDs

You have the right to return the product as faulty should you feel unsatisfied with it. You choose not to, that's your prerogative.

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:36 pm

He returned the fans at least a week ago and got an unexpected refund for them.