Cooler Master Sileo 500

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

zstadt

Cooler Master Sileo 500

Post by zstadt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I know it would be a lot to ask for SilentPCReview.com to review this case just for me, but has anyone had experiences with it?

I'm looking to build a modest, quiet (not entirely silent) PC, and this caught my eye.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product ... ct_id=2875

Tom Brown

Post by Tom Brown » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:05 pm

I have no doubt, you could build a pretty quiet system in that case.

I've looked at a lot of Cooler Master cases recently and I don't recall that particular model. It looks good.

If you use some quiet components with a reasonably low power consuming system, I'm sure you could get it near silent. It has to be at least as good as my Antec Sonata based systems and they're near silent.

zstadt

Post by zstadt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 am

It does look pretty promising. However, my only qualm would be the ease of cable management... I'm looking to have a nice, tidy build, not only for airflow, but to satisfy my mild OCD tendencies; and this case looks to be a beast to manage well. Which makes me lean more toward the Antec Solo.

kaange

Post by kaange » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Tom Brown wrote:It has to be at least as good as my Antec Sonata based systems and they're near silent.
Too bad both the Sonata and the Sileo have the sideways fixed HDD cage. That is the worst feature of both machines when it comes to silencing, IMO

bozar

Post by bozar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:56 am

Do you guys think it has enough space behind the motherboardtray to make it worth the effort of making some holes with a dremel to ease cable management?

The HDD-cage would be removed and drives mounted with elastic suspension.