Improving the Wavemaster's airflow

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

axsnetworks

Improving the Wavemaster's airflow

Post by axsnetworks » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 am

Hi everyone
I have a coolermaster wavemaster, which I love, as its sturdy, pretty, and small enough to be moved around... now before everyone goes out and tell me to buy another case with better airflow, I like to say that I´ve had this case for a long time, and it isn't going anywhere as I really like it.
so... the question here is how can I improve the air-cooling of this case, without modding the looks of case....
so far I have done the following....
1. removed the motherboard tray, that has one 80 mm fan on it, and replaced it with the praetorian 732 motherboard tray, that has 2 80 mm fans on it.
2. replaced the top usb ports for the mesh ceiling, this does not improve overall cooling, so I'm still thinking of hooking the usb back up.
3. thinking of replacing the 5.25 drive bay with a scythe kamabay or a lian li front ex-33a, this is still in progress as I have yet to decide which I'll be buying.

any more suggestions are more than welcome...
thanks a lot in advance guys

psiu

Post by psiu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I always though that was a nice looking case...it was on my want-to-buy list for a couple years.

I don't think the Kama Bay would help--it appears the front door seals up the drive area completely?
About the only thing I could think of would be to cut some out of the bottom (and probably find some material you could use as a filter).
Otherwise without modding the looks, just make sure you pick low power draw components--at least if you want them cool enough while still quiet.