TJ-08 discontinued (?)

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

jaydeesan

TJ-08 discontinued (?)

Post by jaydeesan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Sorry if this is old news, tried forum search and google but nothing comes up.

I've been looking into getting another TJ08 for myself and also one for a build for someone else, but apparently these are impossible to get now because they have been discontinued... ?

Is there any official word on that? Reason? Is there going to be a new updated version of it? (It sure could use a few improvements but still...)

[edit: lol, talk about lurking; been reading this site since almost the beginning, finally created an account 2 years ago... and completely forgot I haven't made any posts until now 8)]
Last edited by jaydeesan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

incorrect

Post by incorrect » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:30 pm

newegg has plenty? i don't know if the -b model there is a new revision or in any meaningful way different.

jaydeesan

Post by jaydeesan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks and right you are. I think I should have been a little more precise :) that I was referring to my local sources in Toronto.

Having said that, newegg.CA also still seems to have them, but I don't shop with them (might have to make an exception - but their price is way too high). And while I do get all kinds of things shipped, I prefer to get my cases locally.

But like I said, all my local stores and suppliers are saying that it's discontinued, and I would really like to know what's up with that :/

jaydeesan

Post by jaydeesan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Oh and that B I'm pretty sure only refers to 'black'

incorrect

Post by incorrect » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 pm

i wouldn't be surprised if many of the stores were supplied by a single importer/wholesaler. if they don't order any more of the parts, all the dependent retailers will reflect that.

or it really has been discontinued :)

SST Guy
-- Vendor --

Post by SST Guy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 am

SilverStone has no plans to discontinue the TJ08 at this time and there are plenty of these cases in stock (both black or silver version) at our US warehouse.

Maybe you can use the information provided above to ask your local store to place an order for one? :)