Evercase: what fan fits on the intake?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

drfinalfantasy
Friend of SPCR

Evercase: what fan fits on the intake?

Post by drfinalfantasy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:02 pm

I just bought this evercase mid tower that was recommended.....I saw the pictures and I'm not sure wat size fan fits in the front intake of the case.. Can someone let me know the size.... thanks

Eric

Alistair
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Alistair » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:16 pm

80mm, although you could fit a 120mm with some basic modding.

tino

Post by tino » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:36 am

Actually, if you use EAR fan mounts through the front grille you can mount a 120mm x 25mm without any mods at all. The fan does angle upwards a little where the front panel catch resides at the bottom of the case, but I found this useful in angling the airflow over my hd, which sits on foam at the front bottom.

jtcb

Post by jtcb » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:25 pm

tino wrote:Actually, if you use EAR fan mounts through the front grille you can mount a 120mm x 25mm without any mods at all. The fan does angle upwards a little where the front panel catch resides at the bottom of the case, but I found this useful in angling the airflow over my hd, which sits on foam at the front bottom.
Please vertify. What is EAR and how it is done?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:16 am

jtcb wrote:
tino wrote:Actually, if you use EAR fan mounts through the front grille you can mount a 120mm x 25mm without any mods at all. The fan does angle upwards a little where the front panel catch resides at the bottom of the case, but I found this useful in angling the airflow over my hd, which sits on foam at the front bottom.
Please vertify. What is EAR and how it is done?
Here.

They decouple the fan from the case to keep vibrations from being transferred. They work great.

I buy them in packs of 20 from McMaster-Carr because they're cheaper that way. Info here.