Antec p183, middle fan and sapphire 5850

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Okultis

Antec p183, middle fan and sapphire 5850

Post by Okultis » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Long story short, middle fan can not fit because of pci-e connectors.

Connectors fit but wire cant.

I will try cut some plastic on molex to pci-e adapter connector so I can make custom 90 degree connector. Anybody knows where I can mail order 90 degree angle molex to pci-e connector?

EDIT I have found 90degree adapter but shipping only to US. I need International Europe shipping.

Thanks

flemeister

Post by flemeister » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:39 am

Well since you can't install hard drives in the top hard drive cage anyway, remove it altogether, and do something like this.

Antec_Rep

Re: Antec p183, middle fan and sapphire 5850

Post by Antec_Rep » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 am

Okultis wrote:Long story short, middle fan can not fit because of pci-e connectors.

Connectors fit but wire cant.

I will try cut some plastic on molex to pci-e adapter connector so I can make custom 90 degree connector. Anybody knows where I can mail order 90 degree angle molex to pci-e connector?

EDIT I have found 90degree adapter but shipping only to US. I need International Europe shipping.

Thanks
Hi Okultis!

To understand the problem better, which middle fan are you referring to?

Regards,
Antec

ame

Post by ame » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:04 am

flemeister wrote:Well since you can't install hard drives in the top hard drive cage anyway, remove it altogether, and do something like this.
That is perfect.

or just mount the fan in the front intake. the empty drive cage guides the air to the same area.