Can anyone confirm vendors with p183 rev. 2?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Hellspawn

Can anyone confirm vendors with p183 rev. 2?

Post by Hellspawn » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 am

The one with the backplate cutout and ssd mounting? Don't see any comments on reviews on the big names that anyone has gotten one.

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:27 am

I don't see any mention of a new revision on Antec's website.

It'd be great if they updated the Mini P180 too.

Antec_Rep

Re: Can anyone confirm vendors with p183 rev. 2?

Post by Antec_Rep » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 am

Hellspawn wrote:The one with the backplate cutout and ssd mounting? Don't see any comments on reviews on the big names that anyone has gotten one.
Hi Hellspawn,

We made a few changes to the P183 but we did not name it v2 or rev. 2. This 2nd version has been released earlier this year and we have shipped this 2nd version to many online/retail vendors out there. I will have to check with the sales team before I let you guys know which vendors have the 1st version and which ones have the 2nd version.

Regards,
Antec

motamedn

Post by motamedn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Antec_Rep wrote:
Hellspawn wrote:The one with the backplate cutout and ssd mounting? Don't see any comments on reviews on the big names that anyone has gotten one.
Hi Hellspawn,

We made a few changes to the P183 but we did not name it v2 or rev. 2. This 2nd version has been released earlier this year and we have shipped this 2nd version to many online/retail vendors out there. I will have to check with the sales team before I let you guys know which vendors have the 1st version and which ones have the 2nd version.

Regards,
Antec
Any updates on this, Antec_rep?

Antec_Rep

Post by Antec_Rep » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 am

motamedn wrote:
Antec_Rep wrote:
Hi Hellspawn,

Regards,
Antec
Any updates on this, Antec_rep?
Hi motamedn,

I have asked the sales team to check with vendors regarding 1st and 2nd versions. I will give you more information as I am still waiting for the sales team's response.

Regards,
Antec

Shai-tan

Post by Shai-tan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 am

Any updates on this? And are the changes listed or mentioned anywhere on the interweb?

KayDat

Post by KayDat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:34 am

viewtopic.php?t=57487
I'm pretty sure that most retailers have the second revision in stock, if they have a decent turn over anyway. They also slap a big "SSD Compatible" sticker on the box.