Weak right side panel of Antec Solo

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

netmask254

Weak right side panel of Antec Solo

Post by netmask254 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm newly to this case and it's really a pleasant experience to install particles into it. Comparing with my previous RC-534, the internal features are very good designs and easy to use.

One issue is that the right side panel (without thumbscrew) is not as sturdy as the left one. For the left side panel, it's very strong and I can't bent it at all (no much strength used). While for the right panel, it is somewhat easy to bent together with a "Bang" sound, there is no difference in eye but I can feel that.

It should not affect daily usage (not light the machine yet), but I don't know whether it is easier to vibrate, and the inconsistency between the two sides makes me quite confusing and somewhat unhappy. Have you ever experienced similar problem?

I'm even considering buy another side panel from Antec to make it a "perfect" case. For the other parts (HDD mount, front door, cable hide/organize) of this case, I very like them.

BlackWhizz

Post by BlackWhizz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Why? In theorie that tensioned panel should make a very good contact at some point. With a panel without bends you'll have some tension at every mounting hook. I wouldnt worry (or use some sound dampening stuff to make it feel sturdy).

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 am

The right side often needs to bend a little to make space for hiding cable and unused PSU connectors.

netmask254

Post by netmask254 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm just wondering whether it's by design or build quality, seems like it's fine. Thanks a lot for your illustrative answers!