Antec 280 OMG!

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Worker control
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:16 pm

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by Worker control » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Definitely, including panels to block the unused fan mounts would be great.

It's too bad that Antec seems to be giving up on the CP power supplies. They seem like a really good idea to me.

This case doesn't seem like it would be a good match for a passive or semi-passive PSU. I guess the idea is that you'd go with a Solo II for that.

Luke M
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: here

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by Luke M » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Worker control wrote: This case doesn't seem like it would be a good match for a passive or semi-passive PSU. I guess the idea is that you'd go with a Solo II for that.
Should work fine, just mount it with fan/vent on top.

flemeister
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Australia

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by flemeister » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Antec_Jessie wrote:Hey guys, we really appreciate your enthusiasm for the P280. If you have any questions, I'll be checking back periodically.
As other posters have asked, is there any word on Antec offering a blanking plate for the top vents? Eg. a 240x120x5(?)mm plastic sheet. Some acoustic foam stuck to it would also be good, but not essential. :)

It could be included with the accessories kit in a future revision of the P280, as well as sold as an accessory on the Antec site.

jimdoe
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 am

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by jimdoe » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Is the P280 available?

If so where can I buy it? If it is not yet available, when will it be?

Here's thorough review by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIwvek4tDf8

flemeister
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Australia

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by flemeister » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 am

It's shown up on this Australian site:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... s_id=18842

Pre-order for 28/11/11 @ AU$149.

lb_felipe
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: São Paulo, SP, Brasil

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by lb_felipe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 am

Worker control wrote:Definitely, including panels to block the unused fan mounts would be great.

It's too bad that Antec seems to be giving up on the CP power supplies. They seem like a really good idea to me.

This case doesn't seem like it would be a good match for a passive or semi-passive PSU. I guess the idea is that you'd go with a Solo II for that.
I think the Antec did it because of the new design used in the P280 different from that used in the P180 series. The CP series are made for a dual chamber case with horizontal straight flow. The P280 is an only chamber design where the flow could not be kept in a straight line thus it makes more sense the use of PSU with bottom/top fan.

I'm sorry for my English.

falcon26
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: ca

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by falcon26 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Debating weather to change my R3 for the P280. I need a little more room than the R3 has..

falcon26
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: ca

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by falcon26 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Ew....I went for it and ordered the P280 so we'll see how good it is....

Ihmemies
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:30 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by Ihmemies » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:26 pm

First priority for me is noise. P180 I bought 6 yers ago is still the king, so P280 has nothing to offer. Building a new PC takes some time (3rd build going now) but it's worth it.

TigerUK
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by TigerUK » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 am

good stuff, I was actually thinking of modding my antec 300, but it will probably cost me a lot more than if I were to just buy a noise dampended case.

If cost was no obstruction which would you go for?

I'm looking at p280 {nzxt hush 2 eliminiated because of lack of USB 3 front header and the ugly top)

ANY better silenced rigs out there for me to choose from?

Antec_Jessie
-- Vendor --
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 am
Location: US

Re: Antec 280 OMG!

Post by Antec_Jessie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 am

flemeister wrote:
Antec_Jessie wrote:Hey guys, we really appreciate your enthusiasm for the P280. If you have any questions, I'll be checking back periodically.
As other posters have asked, is there any word on Antec offering a blanking plate for the top vents? Eg. a 240x120x5(?)mm plastic sheet. Some acoustic foam stuck to it would also be good, but not essential. :)

It could be included with the accessories kit in a future revision of the P280, as well as sold as an accessory on the Antec site.
I have relayed the feedback to the design team. Wish I had more feedback for you. I think it's a sound idea (no pun intended).

Post Reply