Lian li HDD PC-F9 an similar HDD mount are worse than PC-A04

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Smile

Lian li HDD PC-F9 an similar HDD mount are worse than PC-A04

Post by Smile » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi, I would like to ask about Lian li HDD PC-F9 HDD mounts. All 6 bays will be populated.
In review using same mounts silentpcreview said they were worse, but it was also said that
lian li uses silicon washers now. Somehow I can't find similar other case reviews ?

I need a case for my mini-itx server, the case needs to be quiet as I will use 6 HDD's

THe PC-Q08 is too small and I need to take entire rack out to replace single hdd, I wouldn't want to misplace a sata cable when puting it back.

I'm also interested in Fractal design arc mini, but perhaps I'll star new thread about that.

SevenFour

Re: Lian li HDD PC-F9 an similar HDD mount are worse than PC

Post by SevenFour » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Smile wrote:THe PC-Q08 is too small and I need to take entire rack out to replace single hdd, I wouldn't want to misplace a sata cable when puting it back.
If you do not need it right away you can take a look at the coming Lian Li PC-Q25. The sales text says it supports 5 hot swap HDDs and a few extra on the bottom of the case.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:11 am

SevenFour wrote:
Smile wrote:THe PC-Q08 is too small and I need to take entire rack out to replace single hdd, I wouldn't want to misplace a sata cable when puting it back.
If you do not need it right away you can take a look at the coming Lian Li PC-Q25. The sales text says it supports 5 hot swap HDDs and a few extra on the bottom of the case.
Very nice case ! The top HDD does not get proper cooling !

But I need 6 HDD's (2data one parity) + (2data one parity) or (4data one parity + 1 spare).
The have room for extra HDD's the rack could be extended down, why it isn't? It would have been perfect.

They should have been included 3x 120mm fans instead of 1x 140mm (because you can't fit 2x 140mm) and 6HDD's :)

What max HDD size does this hot-swap controller supports? I read like 2TB on most hot-swap cases, what happens when we have 4TB drives then?
Last edited by Smile on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 am

I also wonder how long the silicone or whatever they use washers last? A year or two?
Can you get spares?