How can I get discontinued parts for Corsair case? Any fabricators out there?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

tbessie

How can I get discontinued parts for Corsair case? Any fabricators out there?

Post by tbessie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi all!

So I have a Corsair 550d case (probably the best case I've owned for what I use it for, and I've built a lot of computers over the years).

The little door hinges for it break easily (probably one of the reasons they discontinued it, though I wish they'd just re-released it with better hinges).

Corsair used to sell a pack of 50 of them for almost nothing, but after writing on the Corsair forum about it (no answer), and writing to Corsair Support (they can't get them anymore), I'm wondering what I can do.

Aside from constantly scouring the web/eBay, anybody have any suggestions? Are there any fabricators/makers out there you know of that can custom make discontinued case hardware like this?

I found a 3d-printer file for them - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:168310 - I guess that's a start? I've never done such a thing before.

- Tim

Olle P

Re: How can I get discontinued parts for Corsair case? Any fabricators out there?

Post by Olle P » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:09 am

If the main problem is that they break I'd consider using some alternative, more sturdy, hinges.
I have no idea what the case looks like and where/how to mount a pair of regular hinges instead.

sarahk99

Re: How can I get discontinued parts for Corsair case? Any fabricators out there?

Post by sarahk99 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:43 pm

tbessie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm
Hi all!

So I have a Corsair 550d case (probably the best case I've owned for what I use it for, and I've built a lot of computers over the years).

The little door hinges for it break easily (probably one of the reasons they discontinued it, though I wish they'd just re-released it with better hinges).

Corsair used to sell a pack of 50 of them for almost nothing, but after writing on the Corsair forum about it (no answer), and writing to Corsair Support (they can't get them anymore), I'm wondering what I can do.

Aside from constantly scouring the web/eBay, anybody have any suggestions? Are there any fabricators/makers out there you know of that can custom make discontinued case hardware like this?

I found a 3d-printer file for them - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:168310 - I guess that's a start? I've never done such a thing before.

- Tim
how about here - Corsair