Replacement Sonata Door

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

starsky
Friend of SPCR

Replacement Sonata Door

Post by starsky » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:25 pm

Ok,
I hope I aint the first, but I broke my Sonata Front Door, so now I want a replacement door and Antec Badge....

Anyone have a spare they don't want ?

Should I email Antec or my local distributor?

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:10 am

hahaha, how'd you do that?

I have no knowledge of such things, but I'd email Antec first.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:02 am

I'd get ahold of Antec. They're real good about this kind of stuff and I doubt that your distributor would have spare parts.

Of course being in Oz isn't going to help... :)

starsky
Friend of SPCR

Post by starsky » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:56 pm

Trip wrote:hahaha, how'd you do that?
Well..... I turned my case on the side to replace my motherboard, and while turning it, the door flew open and snapped.

Not happy.

I might email Antec and see what the deal is.

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:26 pm

Good luck, you may have a time getting a new door. I have a coolermaster desktop case and I read that coolermaster would not offer a different colored front door for one of their cases to a customer. This is a different situation, their motivation being that some cases with different doors cost more than others, but I still felt they should offer a new door at SOME price. Antec seems to have a good reputation, maybe they will have available parts.

Maybe you could tell them you think it was due to a manufacturing defect? missing screw that type of thing? unless they ask for it to be sent back, I don't see how you could lose playing that card.

deadbolt

Post by deadbolt » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:48 pm

I had a problem with a bad 1394 cable that shipped with the Antec SX1040 case and they did send me a new one after 3 emails and a phone calls. It might help to email them the page from their .PDF manual with the parts circled.

8)

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:55 am

Replacement front door for Sonata, $6.99. "Sold in the US and Canada only" :(

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:03 am

Having to open and shut the door everytime I need to turn the PC on will sure wear it down....makes me wonder if Antec should have put the power/reset buttons down further on the front under the door....

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:33 am

Lots of mobos now have the ability to turn the PC on from the keyboard. (I know mine does)

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:40 pm

Yeah but that depends on the motehrboard, my old ABit Be6 did. I haven't figured how to do it on my Asus P4P800 even though it should.

The keyboard loses power at shutdown - no lights on, unlike my old Abit

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:54 pm

My Asus has a jumper I had to set, up by the CPU socket, plus a BIOS tweak, and only for PS2 keyboards.

starsky
Friend of SPCR

Post by starsky » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:06 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:Replacement front door for Sonata, $6.99. "Sold in the US and Canada only" :(
Ralph, I might still use that, and MikeC to ship to me ;)

My local distributor had a fair laugh when I asked for a replacement. They haven't said no yet.....

jorizzz

Post by jorizzz » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:45 am

Oops...
I broke my sonata front door too.
The little thing which you have to push to remove te door broke off :(
So, I'd very much like to buy a new door, but Antec only ships to US and Canada and I live in the Netherlands.
Anyone want to help me out here?

Noizz

Post by Noizz » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:45 pm

you guys are freaking lucky if u can get a replacement.
the door on my tsunami broke and i need a replacement, i emailed thermaltake, and they said that they will only give a new door if it was defected.
im like......... MY FREAKING DOOR IS BROKEN CAN I BUY A NEW ONE???? I"LL GIVE U MONEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
they just told me, that i can't unless its a defect.... wtf is that........ now i gotta buy a whole new case just for the door... god.... :evil:

anyone know if it is possible to start your computer on a logitech elite keyboard?

Putz

Post by Putz » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:19 pm

It is possible, but usually only if you use the PS/2 adaptor. Might as well anyway (provided you have PS/2 ports), as it frees up another valuable USB port.

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:27 pm

Noizz wrote:you guys are freaking lucky if u can get a replacement.
the door on my tsunami broke and i need a replacement, i emailed thermaltake, and they said that they will only give a new door if it was defected.
im like......... MY FREAKING DOOR IS BROKEN CAN I BUY A NEW ONE???? I"LL GIVE U MONEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
they just told me, that i can't unless its a defect.... wtf is that........ now i gotta buy a whole new case just for the door... god.... :evil:

anyone know if it is possible to start your computer on a logitech elite keyboard?
Wow, exactly which part of it did you break, and how?!? :?

Noizz

Post by Noizz » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:26 am

there a huge gaping crack right through the window lol.... my cat decided to use it as a stratching post...........and tipped it over against the feet of my desk. :shock:.... lucky only the door was broken..... i should kill my cat.

for the logitech elite power up..... theres no power up button on it. can i make one?

Putz

Post by Putz » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:12 am

Usually, the BIOS lets you set up a key as a "power-on" signal. For instance, the Space Bar. If your BIOS doesn't have this option, then you're probably out of luck.