Antec Super LANBOY

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

hitman47

Post by hitman47 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:33 pm

Excellent news, can't wait :)
I'm unable to decide between the SLK3700-BQE and the SuperLANBoy.. waiting for Mike and Ralf to pass their verdict :D

Kind Regards

AzN jonzOrz

Post by AzN jonzOrz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:06 pm

what really makes me angry is that intel is trying to change the form factors on us. If i go out and buy some ATX case now, then how long will it be useful? How long will the BTX form factor be until it goes mainstream? AAHHHHHH i hate intel :x

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:09 pm

AzN jonzOrz wrote:what really makes me angry is that intel is trying to change the form factors on us. If i go out and buy some ATX case now, then how long will it be useful? How long will the BTX form factor be until it goes mainstream? AAHHHHHH i hate intel :x
It will come into the mainstream sometime in the next 3-6 months. BUT I really don't think it will be such a sweeping revolution. There's a lot of vested interest in the ATX FF cases & other components that will take a wile to wean away from the market. Look how long it took for the AT FF to disappear. Absolutely years.

AzN jonzOrz

Post by AzN jonzOrz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:28 pm

thanks for reassuring me that my ATX case won't be obsolete right when the new BTX's come out.

echoes

Post by echoes » Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:06 pm

PeterDLai wrote:Oh, yes I know about the SLK3700-BQE.

I'm a little worried about that side panel problem that you mention though, and I wish they would sell the case without a power supply (I would replace the one that is included).
http://www.directron.com/slk3700bqe.html

$77 stock
$45 sans PSU

Directron has an 8.41 lifetime rating at resellerratings.com

Ginta

Post by Ginta » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:39 pm

echoes wrote:
PeterDLai wrote:Oh, yes I know about the SLK3700-BQE.

I'm a little worried about that side panel problem that you mention though, and I wish they would sell the case without a power supply (I would replace the one that is included).
http://www.directron.com/slk3700bqe.html

$77 stock
$45 sans PSU

Directron has an 8.41 lifetime rating at resellerratings.com
Wow that's a good chunk of change they credit you for the PSU. Last I was shopping for a case they only gave like $10 off for no PSU (well it was for a no name brand). Makes that case a great deal if you already have a quiet PSU.

Anybody get their Super Lanboys and have any complaints yet?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:24 am

Ginta wrote:Anybody get their Super Lanboys and have any complaints yet?
I've got mine and am working (around all the Christmas activities) on a review of it. It's not too bad if you kind of approach it for what it's intended to be: a lightwieght gaming case that's fairly quiet and has some bling. It's got good ventilation and even with the fans set on a fairly quiet 5V it runs pretty darn cool, even with my P4 3.0GHz + ATI9600 gaming system setup in it. Their's certainly some noise and vibration compared to a nice steel case but that's what you're going to get with a fairly thin aluminum case that's got a big plastic window.

tavarua88

Post by tavarua88 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:52 pm

its on sale for one day (12/30/03) at newegg.com for $90 w/free shipping

AzN jonzOrz

Post by AzN jonzOrz » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:02 am

i hope that review is gonna be here soon cuz i really really want to get a nice lan case! even if it means giving up a little in the area of quietness *cringe*

EDIT: at least i'm sure this will be better than one of those monstrously loud sff shuttles and biostars.

Ginta

Post by Ginta » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:58 am

tavarua88 wrote:its on sale for one day (12/30/03) at newegg.com for $90 w/free shipping
It's showing up to me as 75 w/ $15 FedEx ground shipping so I wouldn't qualify it as "on sale". Not to say it's a bad price, and they are definetely a reputable vendor. Shipping on cases usually is high since they are so heavy, so it's a good thing it's made of aluminum and ships without a PSU.
For those of us in California, I'd order it from Directron for $77 to avoid tax, however they're currently backordered.