Graphical Production Comparison - SPCR vs KWSN

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

KWSN-Shades

Post by KWSN-Shades » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:00 am

Perhaps if I use one of these I can get a few more shrubs a week.

I do have an old mitsu trubo lying arround, and an NO2 bottle :-}

In the middle of the night as you lie awake listening to the hum of your refridgerator, rember, I could be your neighbor. I could be installing a 120db jet engine cooler on my Xeon right now.

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:58 am

It's N20, not NO2 actually. Anyway, nitrous isn't actually flamable, it simply provides oxygen for an existing fuel source. If you were bored, you could just put the N2O under water and open the valve up and let it empty out into the water. This way you have cooling via the bottle as well as the gas being sprayed underwater. Might be a little messy, not to mention it's waaaaaay cold, but it would certainly be a lot quieter than 125db. :)

KWSN-Shades

Post by KWSN-Shades » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:52 pm

NO2 as in NOS as a joke to all the ricers. I have none, only the bottle. I use CO2 to cool my intercooler.
Noisy computers do not bother me, I can't sleep without the reassuring humm. I totally undrestand the desire of a quiet computer, though. I have a xeon server 4u with 1 fan that I can barely hear and a gamer amd box with 9 fans that sounds like a jet taking off. However when I changed power supplies I 'HAD' to pull out the brushless fan from my old PS cauze it made a little TOO much noice.
But youve got me thinking. Is it possible to run, say, dual 1.4 opteron at say 1.6/1.8 and cool it completely with passive sinks and thermoelectric coolers.