Folding@Home Useful Links

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Folding@Home Useful Links

Post by haysdb » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:58 pm

Folding@Home Download page

Folding Guides and FAQs Folding Statistics Folding Monitors Other Tools and Utilities Miscellaneous Command Line Options Explained
  • -advmethods
  • -forceasm and -forcesse
  • -pause and -oneunit
  • -config and -configonly
  • -local
  • -verbosity
Fun Stuff
Last edited by haysdb on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 24 times in total.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:45 pm

Feel free to recommend links, point out broken links, or even correct my spelling. :D

David

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:29 pm

I can make a hearty recommendation for Electron Microscope, skillfully listed by Mr. Hays.

It's made monitoring my folders way easier. If something goes wacky, it lets you know, along with lots of nifty info regarding each folders progress, or lack, thereof.

M

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:03 pm

EMIII Features I Like:
  • TRC-13's BITCHIN' SPCR 'skin'
  • "LED's" showing which core each folding client is using (Tinker, Gromacs, DGromacs), plus orange for Time-per-frame problems (FAH may not be running), and red for client communication errors (machine has crashed).
  • Customizable reports of work completed, for all clients and work units, or for one client, or for one protein, optionally within a date range. VERY nice.
I also use FAH LogStats for the things IT does particularly well
  • Shows more than 13 clients at one time 8)
  • The PPD and PPW calculations, definitely. (EMIII has this feature now too, but it's harder to get to)
  • Super easy configuration
David

Kemokim

Post by Kemokim » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:11 pm

i have the TRC-13 stealth installed on all my computers, and it runs smoothhly.. i dont really know the difference between stealth and service,, but it doesnt show and thats what matters...

oh and i have the .exe file, if someone has room to upload it somewhere, or i can mail it if needed!

Kim

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:17 pm

Kemokim wrote:i have the TRC-13 stealth installed on all my computers, and it runs smoothhly.. i dont really know the difference between stealth and service,, but it doesnt show and thats what matters...

oh and i have the .exe file, if someone has room to upload it somewhere, or i can mail it if needed!

Kim
Kim, the primary difference is that a service is started when the computer boots, prior to any user logging in. I assume TRC-13's stealth installer is started when a user logs in. If a machine is rebooted, or reboots because of a power failure, the service will automatically start. If your user account automatically logs on, then the two methods should be effectively equivalent.

David

hatr
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by hatr » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:33 pm

haysdb,

As a new folder, your Useful Links and Beginners Guide posts are really helping me. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:44 pm

hatr wrote:haysdb,

As a new folder, your Useful Links and Beginners Guide posts are really helping me. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Thank you. It pleases me to hear that it has been helpful.

David

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:19 am

Greetings,

If anybody finds out that Stanford has released a "MacIntel" Folding client, can you please be sure to post the news here? My brother has a very quiet 17" iMac, and the performance under Rosetta is shockingly bad, so the instant they have a better client, I want to know about it!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:43 pm

Hello,

A MacIntel client is due out very soon...of course, this means that the Mac group will pick up their pace more than we will.

http://forum.folding-community.org/view ... 2&start=79

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:06 am

Greetings,

Can anybody else get to the Folding@Home Forums?

http://forum.folding-community.org/

The page is coming up as all white for me -- no error message, but nothing else either!

floffe

Post by floffe » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:50 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Greetings,

Can anybody else get to the Folding@Home Forums?

http://forum.folding-community.org/

The page is coming up as all white for me -- no error message, but nothing else either!
Was blank for me all last week, but just now it seems up again.

NeilBlanchard

Folding@Home News

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Greetings,
Folding@Home News

11/30/2006 GPU and SMP beta client update
We've issued updates to the GPU and SMP beta clients, since many of them expire on December 1, 2006. Also, the new GPU client has greater support for GPU cards (we now support x1600, x1800, and x1900 class ATI cards). The download page has the latest.

cordis

some dead links

Post by cordis » Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Hey, I noticed that the electron microscope links are all pretty dead, I can't find anything on the web to point to a new location (although googling for 'electron microscope' may not be the best way to find a new version). And the fahstats link is giving an error, I think taking the '/mt' off the end of the link will fix it. There seems to be another monitor, FAHmon, I'm going to look into it soon (runs on linux!) but here's a link if you want to check it out http://fahmon.net/.

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Re: Folding@Home Useful Links

Post by frenchie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 am

I suggest adding HFM for monitoring and this cool tool found on [H]ardForum http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1551036