A friendly hello from the Dutch Power Cows!

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

CowArt

A friendly hello from the Dutch Power Cows!

Post by CowArt » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:19 pm

We just passed MacRumors.com in the overall team-stats, which means you guys (and gals?) will be our next challenge :D

29 days and counting... :wink:

SometimesWarrior
Patron of SPCR

Post by SometimesWarrior » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:31 pm

Make that 29 days and 1 hour: I just enlisted my silent dual-CPU box to work for the SPCR folding team. :D

tay
Friend of SPCR

Post by tay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:35 pm

Fuck it! Add 10 more minutes. I just started f@h on my underclocked barton to add to the P3-750 (ph34r!!!). If I had space and time (and lived in a paralle universe?)I could add a dual p3-866 board I have just sitting around.

In the meantime MOOOO!!!!!! and enjoy your climb ;) 30000 units difference daily sheesh!

We should have front page folding updates like techreport to try and get people to redouble their efforts.

monkiman
Friend of SPCR
Location: Seattle, WA -- *Active* member of the SPCR Folding@Home team!

Post by monkiman » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:57 am

Yeah - Dutch Power Cows seems to have had a huge number of new members - where as our group has remained pretty constant (only 4 new folks in the last week)

Welcome to the new folks (Aleksi, Joker_Joe, Mikko_Koli, and Cams) - if you're not actively folding - JOIN US!

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:41 pm

Still,

WELCOME TO SPCR !!!

C'mon guys, maybe we'll convert him to the CAUSE :wink:

wooglin
Patron of SPCR

Post by wooglin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:45 pm

Come-on CowArt. We're a lot more fun over here than those grumpy Dutchmen :wink: You know you want your system to be quieter.... folding for 31574 is just the first step towards a blissful computing experience.

CowArt

Post by CowArt » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm

I'm rather grumpy myself sometimes, so perhaps I won't fit in with your cheery bunch :D

My computer shouldn't be too quiet. Now when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can hear the comforting humming of my computer and know that it's folding. If it doesn't make any noise anymore I have to get out of bed to check that everything is still ok. :?

Besides, you guys only do one project don't you. I'm on a subteam of DPC that switches between different projects, which is good for me. I have the attention-span of a goldfish, so I get bored easily. I like setting up a client, visiting the forums of other teams and after a few weeks picking a new project, setting up a client and so on... :D

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:40 pm

Moo guys are on a stampeed? Glad to see your distributed computing focused on my favorite project. :D

Don't leave any cow chips in the road ahead. We will silently :twisted: sneak past you again.

Keep your tail down and fold like the "tail" wind!!!!!!

CowArt

Post by CowArt » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:52 pm

Nope, no stampeding so far :?

Just a healthy increase in daily production, most of which is probably here to stay :D

wooglin
Patron of SPCR

Post by wooglin » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:35 am

Well.... it's official. We quietly held you off as long as we could, but ended up slipping on a Cow Patty and have since been bumped to #20.

Congratulations from the good folks folding for SPCR. :wink:

Moooooo