Pardon me while I pull over to the side of the road...

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Pardon me while I pull over to the side of the road...

Post by dasman » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:51 pm

...please wave as you pass me by.

I had hoped to get to 1M, but I just sold my business :D so my production is going to take a rapid, and probably permanent, drop :cry: .

I'll still be here, but with only 3 machines now, so everyone have fun passing me by... 8)

Dave

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:53 pm

Now that you've sold your business, doesn't that mean you can buy a bunch of dedicated folding boxes? :wink:

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Pardon me while I pull over to the side of the road...

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:23 am

dasman wrote: I just sold my business
All the best wishes for the future.

0.8M is an enormous contribution, and as long as it is still ticking that magic 1M should come 1 day.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Pardon me while I pull over to the side of the road...

Post by peteamer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:11 am

dasman wrote:only 3 machines now,
:shock:

It may be only 3.. but that's still more than my two.. :D

Good luck with any next employment and the trip to 1M. 8)

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:09 pm

Did You tell them about borgs? :D You don't have to worry about me for a while, but keep an eye on your rear view mirror.

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:19 pm

Rusty -- WRT dedicated folders -- actually, my wife has already "dedicated" a good portion. I don't get much to play with... (and, as much as I hate to say it, I'm not going to buy a machine just to fold -- they have to have another use. As I retire machines I'll leave them on to fold until they die, but setting up a farm isn't really in the cards).

Dukla/peteamer -- thanks for the good wishes, actually, my next employment is with them. While they are an engineering firm as well, they don't really have much expertise in my field -- they kinda bought my firm to get me -- I get to run a new branch of their operation 8) Since I have another 20yrs to go before retirement, this move is for the long haul.

unreg -- actually, I had a very long discussion with their VP-IT and CEO and almost had them convinced to give FAH a try -- do you think their 400+ machines would have given SPCR a little "boost" :roll: But, they have decided against at this time. I may bring the issue up again in the future, but it will probably be awhile -- as the "new guy" in the room, I don't want to rock the boat too much...

Dave