Heh...

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pixel_pimp

Heh...

Post by pixel_pimp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 am

Okay, so it'll take us over three years to catch them but at last we've got a conquest on the board lol! Bet Overclockers Club are quaking in their boots!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=31574

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 am

look like this folder is really helping!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=328865

thanks 'yber'!

pixel_pimp

Post by pixel_pimp » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:11 pm

xan_user wrote:look like this folder is really helping!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=328865

thanks 'yber'!
Go Yber! :D

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Looks like the take off of the space shuttle.

Bolek, where are you? How can we help you?

colm

Post by colm » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm

I do notice folks like yber as well, there are quite a few. I am still below spcr average for weekly points, but just made 20000 in 3.9 weeks...that is to say, the small folding group at spcr is quite busy for 120 or so active folders.
I plan to stay with spcr folding for the evenings, and have eyed upgrades. This time around for my 8th pc build (all my own builds) I am going for the dual cpus with at least dual cores each. (I am into video making). that , I would assume be a great donator.anything before prescott 90nm is rather torturous to see how may folders go way beyond with same energy consumption. There really is a time to retire the past. This prescott I run will never hurt my feelings of performance opinions....I know there are many more out there that failed the prescott right away when upgrades were available. Rather Bizarre.

Is it just me, or in the past month did 50 computers disappear from active folding in spcr group?

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:38 pm

colm wrote: Is it just me, or in the past month did 50 computers disappear from active folding in spcr group?
Well, if I was folding with an old PC using 60, 70, 85 watts to average 34 points per day I would probably quit as well. I can't blame them.

Hopefully some more will upgrade and run SMP, the PPD average is holding up OK, though I wish Iganu was still here. Did he go to greener pastures?

We'll probably lose more as electricity goes up. I've slowed down because of summer heat, but when considering how much less electricity I'm using it would make more sense to add a 45nm quad and undervolt it then to start overclocking all the PCs I have now.

One thing I know for a fact, AMD duals love power when overclocked, so no more of that situation for me.

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 am

I have recently got a 45nm Quad, and am undervolting to save power while increasing my contribution to SPCR Folding... Of course it's not the only PC at home that folds, and I am concious of getting reasonable PPD/W from any PC on 24/7.