Panic: Am I folding for the wrong team?

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Henrik
Friend of SPCR

Panic: Am I folding for the wrong team?

Post by Henrik » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:27 pm

When I right-click in the F@H window and I select About and then View user Statistics I get something like this:

Henrik
Team AOA Forums (id # 45)

When I click on View team stats, SPCRs team shows up, so the subject might be wrong, but how can it be that when I select user... I show up as folding for Team AOA Forums (id # 45) ??? Clueless...

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:47 pm

No, sounds like you've got it set up right. Problem is that Stanford does not enforce unique user names. Go to their stats page and search for user 'Dan' for example, you'll get lots of 'em. What's happening is someone else has used 'Henrik' as a user ID. I noticed that 'henrik' is taken as well. Once you get a work unit completed and submitted, it will show up as another team for 'Henrik'.

For the most part though, you'll find yourself ignoring the Stanford stats pages and using the ExtremeOverclocking page, or Dyyryath's Arachnid stats pages.

Henrik
Friend of SPCR

Post by Henrik » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:57 pm

Thanks Zyzzyx, would want to waste CPU-power folding for another team! I'll check the stats again when my first WU is due for completion.

monkiman
Friend of SPCR
Location: Seattle, WA -- *Active* member of the SPCR Folding@Home team!

Post by monkiman » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:22 pm

If there's any doubt - click on configure and make sure your team id is set to 31574

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:27 pm

So Henrik, what's the ETA for your first WU completion?

Henrik
Friend of SPCR

Post by Henrik » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:48 am

Zyzzyx wrote:So Henrik, what's the ETA for your first WU completion?
Is there a way to find out, except my own estimation of the time needed? Unfortunately, according to my own estimation, it'll take weeks with the current settings/folding time...

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:15 am

Henrik wrote: Is there a way to find out, except my own estimation of the time needed? Unfortunately, according to my own estimation, it'll take weeks with the current settings/folding time...
Electron Microscope is a little quirky, but its the best thing around for this job.

http://www.em-dc.com/