Interesting Races and Folders-on-the-Move

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Douglas Bailey
Friend of SPCR

Post by Douglas Bailey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:16 pm

Congratulations to dasman - #15!!
You made it before I could buddy.. way to go.
Shall we race to #10?

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:05 pm

Putz, I had 12 tinkers to speed me on my way (5 of them are still crunching :) ) I also have 61 people on page 1 on my overtake list :twisted: :twisted:

You kind of stopped for a time. Come on, step on the pedal, we've got macrumors on the horizon.

*** Goes off to give them some lovin' (I do so hate macs it's going to be real fun)

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:16 am

Douglas Bailey wrote:Congratulations to dasman - #15!!
You made it before I could buddy.. way to go.
Shall we race to #10?

I think your unexpected production drop in the last 2wks made the difference. As for a race to #10 ... I feel I might be getting baited here (machine back on-line yet?), but..... You're ON!

Dave

sonofdbn

Post by sonofdbn » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:47 pm

Unfortunately because of a change in personal circumstances (nothing serious or bad), my folding efforts will be severely curtailed for the forseeable future. It's been a fun ride, and while I never overtook unregistered (how I wish I'd thought of that name!), I did at least just beat WoodsBoy's cavalry charge into the top 75.

Good luck to the team!

billamer
Patron of SPCR

Post by billamer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear that Sonofdbn :(

Hope you'll still be around though, even with reduced output :)

regards

Bill

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:45 am

I never overtook unregistered
, he he. I had everybody on my threats list while my other box was down.

my folding efforts will be severely curtailed for the forseeable future

This is a long term project, things change, you know about timeless tinkers etc, fold what you can when you can. Maybe one day you can get back on my threats list, it won't be so easy soon.

Putz

Post by Putz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:05 pm

Woah, shathal. From out of nowhere, and now a 1000+ day for you! Keep up that trend!

shathal

Post by shathal » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:26 pm

Well - we iz all sneaky like :).

1000+ PPD? Nah - can't be. I'm still pondering the realism of ca. 4000 PPW I've got, but 1000 PPD? No way :)

Not YET at any rate. :D

Putz

Post by Putz » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:34 pm

Maybe not on average, but EOC has you pegged at well over a thousand points for today! Whether it's sustainable or not, it's a big number :)

Like I said, keep it up. I'll happily wave at you as you pass me.

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:57 am

*looks up the SPCR Team Users List*

Pete!! Is that you I see a mere 12 places above me?!? :wink: :!:

koody

Post by koody » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:37 am

Shathal is SPCR's 18th most productive folder!

Congratulations!

What kind of data center are you using???

shathal

Post by shathal » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:52 am

Not that amazing really. I've listed it some place else, but here goes.

2 instances on my (home) 3.4 GHz Prescott.
4 instances on my Quad P3-800 Mhz lab Domain Controller (which until now was mostly twiddling its thumbs in boredom)
2 instances on a dual P3-933 lab-server.
1 instance on a P3-700 lab server.

3 instances on 3 P4 2 GHz lab machines
1 instance on P4 3 GHz (work) laptop.

13 instances, all in all. Doesn't sound like THAT much. As for the 1000 points, it sounds like merely a lot of work units got delivered on a single day. Just luck, I guess :).

isp

Post by isp » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:07 pm

Excellent contribution Shathal. Welcome to the team!

WoodsBoy

Post by WoodsBoy » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:55 pm

Hey guys !! I'm finally back after being out of the country and not being able to check on what's been going on with my folders. I see that I finally passed up Pete (sorry man....) and I have accumulated over 20,000 pts

I'm just very happy the wife didn't shut down my pc's while I was gone. That would have really suked !!

Hey koody...how'd you get that dilbert strip in your signature? I've looked on liquidninjas but can't find any of the signature thingys.

Later dudes..

Michael_qrt

Post by Michael_qrt » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 am

Woohooo, I'm finally in the top 100. I may well get kicked back down again in the next few days (or hours). So I'll have to celebrate all the harder while it lasts :).

Oh, and WoodsBoy, to get that sig you just need to get the addres code of the image from the properties of koody's pic and put it in your sig with the username changed to yours.

like this:

or this

koody

Post by koody » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:35 am

I wanted a signature that looked a little less boring than the default. I used the SAP method(anyone familiar with SAP knows SAP=Slow and painful), meaning I browsed different f@h forums and looked at the different sigs ppl were using and picked one. Then I just did like Michael_qrt.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:13 am

So Woodsie, you disappear from here without so much as a word to any one,... then come back and rub salt into an old wound :evil:

You might be happy with your wife but she's off of my Xmas card list now... :D

Michael_qrt, I see that not only are you on page one 8) ... your also on my 'gonna get me' list too. 8)

Whislt we're on that list... shathal is about to fly past me as well. :cry:

Not to forget Edward_Ng who'll be going past me as well... 8)

Also inKARC, flying up through the ranks to pass me in the not too distant future as well as Randalee, Trodas, Toonz and a host of others including some antrippydean by the name of Scarface 'The Box' Capone or some such...

And there's a huge multitude of us 'getting past by regularly' boys who deserve a Big Shout for steadily plodding away and contributing lots to the team also. 8) 8)

Well Done One and all 8) 8) .

Keep it up Fellow Folders, Macrumors is currently only two days out which will put us @ # 19 !!!

Regards

Pete
Last edited by peteamer on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shathal

Post by shathal » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:58 am

Well - I don't "fly" per se.

Compare it more to sleep or crawl, if you wish :)

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:31 pm

koody wrote:I wanted a signature that looked a little less boring than the default. I used the SAP method(anyone familiar with SAP knows SAP=Slow and painful), meaning I browsed different f@h forums and looked at the different sigs ppl were using and picked one. Then I just did like Michael_qrt.
Default? DEFAULT?!?! If you're referring to the 'base' SPCR Folding stats sig that so many folks use, that was my design. And yeah, it took quite awhile to get it just right too!

Hehe... I'm not really angry, a bit annoyed though. I did however spend a fair bit of time working on the layout of the 'base' SPCR Folding stats sig to make it blend in with the forums. I wanted for folks to be able to show off their Folding stats, but not be blatant about it. Which, to me, that Dilbert version is rather blatant. MikeC has a 'No Avatars' rule on the forums, keeping it clean. I tried to work with MikeC to make the 'SPCR' Folding sig as unobtrusive as possible on these forums. (works great on other phpBB forums with the same default color scheme)

I can't speak for MikeC, or anyone else here, but I would very much like to see Folding Sigs limited to the common one that I designed to fit in. Not from ego in seeing folks use my design, but from a desire to keep the forums visually 'quiet'. It goes so much better with the whole 'silent' theme than the super crazy avatars and sigs that you might find at an overclocking forum.

Zyzzyx

shathal

Post by shathal » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:37 pm

Ah - YOU made it?

And here I marvelled at the "convenient blending-in factor" of it. So it was by design then :).

Nice work there :).

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:14 pm

Yeah, I made it a point to blend the graphic between the forum colors. I have to give credit to LiquidNinjas though for providing the tools and database to create the graphic.

isp

Post by isp » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm

I've always liked the fact that the forums have no avatars, and the fah sigs blend in really nicely.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:05 am

As soon as koody said that I thought... :shock: ... Oh Dear, I wonder if he's got his flameproof suit on...

I know Zyzzyx spent a good amount of time going through detail changes to make the sig. as professional and fitting as he has. I Love the fact that it's 'special' to SPCR and I 'wear' it with pride on other forum's. Yes it is subtle and perhaps to some subdued but as Zyzzyx said it's in keeping with the essence of SPCR and that's what makes it all the more fitting for us. Testament to this is the number of us that use it.

I applaud Zyzzyx's effort and thank him for allowing the rest of us to use his design.

The only thing I have against it, is the fact that my Dad also likes it and wears it with pride. Well, not that my Dad likes it.. rather that I'm getting more like him and it's now even showing in public :?

However, I also agree with everthing Zyzzyx said and as he's younger than me that makes me feel better. :D

Pete

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:52 am

I'm with Zyzzyx amd Pete on this one. Excellent work, btw, Zyzzyx.

No disprespect, koody, but your sig is a little amusing at first, however, it gets tiresome quickly. :)

M

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:44 am

mas92264 wrote:I'm with Zyzzyx and Pete on this one.
:shock:

What ?, Your getting like my Dad too ? :shock:

Jeez,... If my Mum see's this he'll have some explaining to do, especially as your in the States. :?

Pete 'have I got a new brother? Amer

WoodsBoy

Post by WoodsBoy » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:19 am

Thanks for the help with the sig guys.

I love the Dilbert stuff.

I'm in the #60s now !!

Also glad to be back in the USA. Been in Mexico last week, was ready to come back !!

koody

Post by koody » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:42 pm

mas92264: Actually I have to agree with you. The dilbert is nice the first few times, but then ut loses it's appeal very quickly. I do think the "default" is dull, but then again, it should be the contents of the message not the contents of the sig that should be interesting. A sig should just be that, a signature. I've seen what the other forums look like, a graphic mess, and although I do like the Dilbert strip, if everyone starts putting wild graphics in their sig, the forums will quickly become an eyesore.

I have seen the error of my ways :P

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:50 pm

:wink:

WoodsBoy

Post by WoodsBoy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:10 pm

OK guys...Dilbert is my hero, but I don't want to rock the boat around here since I'm still pretty much still a noob around here. So I changed my sig back. Just want to be a part of the team and do my part coach

Hey pete...give my your address and I'll send you a Xmas card this year if it will make you feel better buddy :D

It's like I said before though...my rise will soon slow dramatically :cry:

But the good news is I do have one firm offer for a new job and am expecting another one this week. After I've worked for a while,maybe the borging can begin ! ! :twisted:

bigred
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by bigred » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:05 am

Woohoo! Just broke into the top 100! :)

My new target is the top 50. EOC says it will take ~90 days for me to move up that far... :(