Interesting Races and Folders-on-the-Move

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:02 pm

Congrats David! Hopefully, I won't be too far behind in getting to the top 1k.

And ARM, I hope you noticed me waving as you zoomed past me! Good work guys!

Wendell

roym@arm
-- Vendor --

Post by roym@arm » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:45 pm

wgragg wrote:Congrats David! Hopefully, I won't be too far behind in getting to the top 1k.

And ARM, I hope you noticed me waving as you zoomed past me! Good work guys!

Wendell
Hi wgragg,

Thanks for the wave...I actually wanted to post a request to pass you but by the time I was going to get to it, it was too late.

But seriously guys, I have to applaude each and everyone of you for your efforts doing this. We stepped up the effort recently because of the MacOSx challenge but it does take a toll. I can imagine how your individual efforts are so incredible. Like I stated in previous post, 3K PPD is unrealistic for us. It is an anomaly, an exception, pure luck, and most of all, only due to a collective effort of not one single individual as with most of you do, but of several staff members here at ARM. Our effort is not for position in the team but simply to contribute to the team effort and ultimately to science.

I believe the key is, as haysdb said, the increasing number of active folders in the team. You guys have done a terrific job getting members to the fold... :lol:

Keep up the good work everyone. :P

Regards,

RoyM

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:58 pm

Roy,

I hope it won't be too long before you guys can "relax" a little. I know, because I have talked to Stevo at some length, that you guys are in this for the long haul, and you know this is a marathon and not a sprint, but it's inspiring to know we can count on you for the extra effort when the team needs it most.

David

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:48 pm

It's been a rugged few days, but we left MacOsx with smoke pouring out of their computers. If a computer had a tounge, theirs would be dragging on the ground. Extra thanks to:

TRC-13
Lockheed :?
bkh
miker
Zenthar
tragus
CharlieChan
Cosine
Tangled
Frank
Aphonos
David
MikeC (for booting up a few xtra folders)
Lenny
Stevo & Roy from the wine country
wgragg
Dukla
Sbabb
Rusty

And of course about 120 other SPCR folders that made a huge effort to hold off and pass that other team that seems to like our forum better than their own.

Special mention goes to MrRumble, dead last on our list. Hey, he's making an effort. :)

M, who is off to bed.

Mustang Mac

Post by Mustang Mac » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:12 pm

We stepped up the effort recently because of the MacOSx challenge but it does take a toll. I can imagine how your individual efforts are so incredible. Like I stated in previous post, 3K PPD is unrealistic for us. It is an anomaly, an exception, pure luck, and most of all, only due to a collective effort of not one single individual as with most of you do, but of several staff members here at ARM.
If you can't stand the heat, you better get out of the kitchen. From where I'm sitting 3K PPD (probably closer to 3.2 to 3.5K) is realistic for ME and the posse is gathering. :wink: So you better sleep with one eye open (or at least checking the stats), because there's a storm brewing on the horizon and I'm afraid you just might be swept away! :twisted: Until next time. You've got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em!

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:21 pm

It's ironic, is it not, that no one has contributed more to our effort than has Mustang Mac? Image

David

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:19 am

Look for Frank_Condron to be back up to full speed on Monday, and MikeC's points are starting to register.

dasman is ORANGE and it looks to me like he plans on staying that way. He will be passing our bud' Mormakil tomorrow. Mormakil runs the anchor leg for Team Green Image

I am seeing a lot of YELLOW in the ranks of the up-and-comers tonight, or is that just my imagination? Image
NullObject - 85
captain_android - 102
sthayashi - 124
Ogre1384 - 147

And in yet another sign of health, page two looks like St Patrick's day with all the green I see there. Grokker, BMWBMW, Kemokim, papasmurf, knarf242, seantopia, nap_loaf, aston, mobquet, ArtCubed, TrekNW, and Mikael_Strand. And this is just our "page 2" folders. These 13 folders accounted for 8750 points in the last 7 days Image, and many of them don't even have a full week in yet!

Last edited by haysdb on Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:50 pm

Man, the captain has a farm sitting somewhere in his pocket. He turned on the afterburners with 400+ yesterday :shock:. I don't know if I can catch up with those numbers he keeps putting out.

I think I'll just set my sights on easier targets in the top 100.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:31 pm

roym@arm wrote:Our effort is not for position in the team but simply to contribute to the team effort and ultimately to science.
Could you please change your config files to say ColdFlame for name please? :P

Michael_qrt

Post by Michael_qrt » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:09 pm

Heh, I shure could use a helping arm or two in my move up the rankings. I dunno about the top 100, my goal at the moment is more like the top 200. However I'll probably be able to get another computer online soon so that should boost my output a bit eve if ts only a celeron 900.

Dreaming of being green!

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:22 pm

Michael_qrt "It ain't what you do... it's the way that you do it"

Green, yellow, purple, White, Lilac.. Colo(u)r don't matter 8)

Adding to the points does.

Its a % thing.

If your doing 100% of what you can,... That's Damn cool 8) 8) 8)

AND get's my vote for next Governer( :twisted: ) of Wherever 8)

Some do Lots... Some do Lots 8) 8) i.e. We ALL do what we can.. and THAT's what matters. 8) 8)

Fold on Brother 8)

Voodoo Pete

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:16 pm

Amen, to what the Reverend said. 8)

M

Kemokim

Post by Kemokim » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:39 pm

welcome to the gif wars!! damn this sheep owns!

roym@arm
-- Vendor --

Post by roym@arm » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:29 pm

ColdFlame wrote:
roym@arm wrote:Our effort is not for position in the team but simply to contribute to the team effort and ultimately to science.

Did u hear that STEVO? Work him up a few of those OC'ed 3.4 EE's and give him a boost :!: :P

RoyM

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:04 am

Heh! ColdFlame wants more points to keep ahead of me and pass Semm. You've got to give us all equal or not at all! :x

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:49 am

ColdFlame wrote:
CoolGav wrote:Heh! ColdFlame wants more points to keep ahead of me and pass Semm. You've got to give us all equal or not at all! :x
Oh! No!
Don't get me into the middle of this one. Image

Hmmm.. Image... OK! Image

Here's a few sheep for each of you to donate to Rev VooDoo PeteAmer to boost your stats!

[Image Image Image Image] _/\_ [Image Image Image Image]

...and a round of pints for everyone to keep all our spirits up for our next conquest!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Stevo
----------------
meep...meep!!!

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:00 pm

Roy wrote

Our effort is not for position in the team but simply to contribute to the team effort and ultimately to science.
AND
I believe the key is, as haysdb said, the increasing number of active folders in the team
Steveo wrote
Don't get me into the middle of this one.

You guys got PC's at home? Switch them over to your own name. More users, better competiton, you have to deal with VOODOOO individualy(you probrably still think that stinkers were just tinkers)

Get on the board and BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Your not getting in the middle your getting in on the BOTTOM!!!!!

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:02 pm

OMG! :shock: 26K points today? For real? From WHERE? Good job!

David

roym@arm
-- Vendor --

Post by roym@arm » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:02 pm

unregistered wrote:
You guys got PC's at home? Switch them over to your own name. More users, better competiton, you have to deal with VOODOOO individualy(you probrably still think that stinkers were just tinkers)

Get on the board and BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Your not getting in the middle your getting in on the BOTTOM!!!!!
Let's see :idea: ... STEVO, you take home the Quad XEON, the DUAL XEON, a P4 3.4 EE, and half of the farm and I'll take home a few of the P4 2.4 OC'ed to 3.14's and half of the farm.....(mmmm adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying....) Hey STEVO, I think we'll be good for about 1200 PPD or more each. :!: That might still leave around 1K PPD for ARM....
We could be in the top 50 in 2 WEEKS, maybe top 20 in 5-6 WEEKS!
WOW! :P

STEVO will fold as STEVO_F@H_for_ARM_Systems_STEALTHPC :wink:
RoyM will fold as RoyM_F@H_for_ARM_Systems_STEALTHPC :wink:

What do u think, u ? :?:

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:47 pm

roym@arm wrote:...Let's see :idea: ... STEVO, you take home the Quad XEON, the DUAL XEON, a P4 3.4 EE, and half of the farm and I'll take home a few of the P4 2.4 OC'ed to 3.14's and half of the farm....

....What do u think, u ? :?:
Whooo-dawggie!
I have been wanting an upgrade drool... Image

Stevo
-----------
A 26K Day! ImageTime for SPCR to start thinking about Folding in the RED ZONE

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:51 pm

Stebo, those icons are... hilarious :!:

And 26K a day -- that is plain amazing. It wasn't long ago we cheered about reaching 10K!

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:57 am

unregistered,What on earth are you playing at :shock:

That was a very rousing, spiritual, uplifting piece of 'Sermonising'8) 8)

Just what i need, :roll: yet another pair to add to my 'gonna get passed by' list' :shock: :shock:

The list was plenty long enough thankyou.

Stevo, RoyM, Think your comps. at home should have individual names, family 'pet' names?

You just as well add more to the 'list'.

Like the Man said:

BRING IT ON !!!!

Let Battle commence!!

Let's see what your made of.

Best you start mixing some 'special brew' for those injectors :twisted:

I'm off to get a new book of VooDoo today... just for you guys :twisted: :twisted:

VooDoo Pete

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:09 am

I think the 26k was helped in part by my best ever "day" Extreme overclocking stats gave me 480, but I prefer the Arachnid 2004-03-02 03:00:00 to 2004-03-03 00:00:00 for me (because GMT is my time zone), which is 512.

Image Image Image Image Image

Believe me, it was a real aligning of the planets thing - today isn't going to be so hot :(

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:08 am

"Page 2" continues to look extremely strong. FIVE Yellows (tomorrow it could be SIX!), 13 Greens, plus 25 others who have contributed points in the past week.

141 active members. That is outstanding!

David

aston

Post by aston » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:54 am

Yeah, I actually have a handful of potential threats now! Page 2 is getting fun. :)

sbabb
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sbabb » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:31 pm

My output took a nosedive while my ex- and my kids were on vacation for a week, but things seem to be picking back up. I may have to re-borg my ex's PC, though. I think she may have had to reload Windows.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:11 pm

I've got a dual 2.2 Ghz Xeon that supports HT (generates 1-1.5k PPW) in my back pocket 8) Unfortunately it only supports offline folding :lol: I used it a few weeks ago to give Semm a scare (closed up on him). I probably will start using it this week to get closer to Semm again.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:58 pm

ColdFlame wrote:I've got a dual 2.2 Ghz Xeon that supports HT (generates 1-1.5k PPW) in my back pocket 8) Unfortunately it only supports offline folding :lol: I used it a few weeks ago to give Semm a scare (closed up on him). I probably will start using it this week to get closer to Semm again.
Xeons are much more fun in your front pocket :wink:

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:06 pm

NullObject wrote:
ColdFlame wrote:I've got a dual 2.2 Ghz Xeon that supports HT (generates 1-1.5k PPW) in my back pocket 8) Unfortunately it only supports offline folding :lol: I used it a few weeks ago to give Semm a scare (closed up on him). I probably will start using it this week to get closer to Semm again.
Xeons are much more fun in your front pocket :wink:

Heh! Especially in PAIRs

Stevo

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:07 pm

TheScarf...do you want to race to 20000?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:shock:

I meant points, not pints! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: