Page 1 of 1

Hello and.......

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:31 am
by Ian_Stanley
Hi to all

I'm in the process of thinking - yep it'll probably be a long while yet - about building a wood case.

One of the many things I'm not sure on is - what type of momentary switch do I need ? Is it SPNO and what is the min/max voltage/ampage or whatever required ?

Reason for going wood is that my wife doesn't want an unsightly beige/silver/black box in the living room, but she does want a pc in there, running off the TV, so she can help the children out.

I'll be making extensice use of the search button for HDD quietening/vibration damping, as although she has hearing difficulties, she does hear the resonance of the HD in a lite-on dvd/hd recorder and it drives her nuts.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:42 am
by Mr Evil
Yep, single pole normally open is correct. The voltage and current ratings are not something that's likely to be a problem: 5V and virtually no current, so just about any switch will suffice.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:36 pm
by Ian_Stanley
Cheers Mr.E