You can't trust anybody.....

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

You can't trust anybody.....

Post by Bluefront » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 am

Link. I don't care if he has a pretty face, sounds sincere, produces tons of references....you just never know. And how does one develop a trust? It takes years, and then you might be wrong.

When I see a relatively unknown person on a political stump of any party, I dismiss everything he or she says....everything. You can never be too careful when you hire somebody, elect somebody, or trust somebody as a friend.

Nice Marmot

Post by Nice Marmot » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:25 am

What a sad, telling way to live your life. I'll take my chances and actually enjoy the richness of society.

mexell

Post by mexell » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 am

Hm. Usually I tend to trust people, as long as they don't give me a reason not to do so. I've always been happy with that approach...

quikkie

Post by quikkie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:20 am

I start with an inherent level of trust, depending on the person that level can go way up or down.

For politicians my cynical side shows its true colours and I believe them whenever they shut their mouths and disbelieve them when their mouths are open.

Scoop

Post by Scoop » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 am

I learned it from the X-files. Trust No One.

EndoSteel

Post by EndoSteel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:33 am

Heh, I guess everyone knows this: trust people but don't trust politicians :).

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:57 pm

EndoSteel wrote:Heh, I guess everyone knows this: trust people but don't trust politicians :).
Well in the US, despite being screwed over not only on their taxes (happens all the time), but also on their rights as well, we have 31% of the population still cheering on that very same administration.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Clinton, first time around ....."I'll lower taxes for the middle class". Didn't happen of course. Latest Democrat on the stump......"I'll lower taxes for the middle class". Where'd I hear that? I'll eliminate income taxes on Social Security benefits......sure you will. I'll give free medical care to illegal immigrants.....that I could believe. :x

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Bluefront wrote:Clinton, first time around ....."I'll lower taxes for the middle class". Didn't happen of course. Latest Democrat on the stump......"I'll lower taxes for the middle class". Where'd I hear that? I'll eliminate income taxes on Social Security benefits......sure you will. I'll give free medical care to illegal immigrants.....that I could believe. :x
Here Bluefront confirms that Clinton didn't take the Constitution and throw it in the toilet. :lol:

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Nice Marmot wrote:What a sad, telling way to live your life. I'll take my chances and actually enjoy the richness of society.
Ignorance is bliss.

fri2219

Waste of Energy

Post by fri2219 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Go ahead, trust no one. If you want to live your life like a frightened rabbit, go ahead, but...

You won't have the energy left to get anything done, enjoy what you have, or leave a positive impact on this mortal coil.

As Ronald Wilson Reagan once said: "Trust, but verify.".

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:12 am

There is a big difference between being careful.....and being frightened. The sooner you figure it out, the better off you will be.

Can you trust a lawyer, a political figure, a used car salesman......of course not, because lying is what they do for a living.

Verification of trust is the ideal, but difficult/impossible in the short-term.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 am

Bluefront wrote:There is a big difference between being careful.....and being frightened.
Yeah with the excellent targeting skills you've displayed even in your political viewpoints there's no chance you'll miss your intended victim and shoot an innocent bystander.

:?