Problems with FrozenCPU?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Darth Santa Fe

Problems with FrozenCPU?

Post by Darth Santa Fe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Has anyone else had any problems ordering from FrozenCPU's website? I don't know if it's just me or what, but I've tried about half a dozen times to start an account with them. I'll put in my e-mail and password in the "New Customer" entry, and then click "Create New Account." It refreshes the page with my e-mail in the login box, so I type in my password and click "Login," and I get a message saying "invalid." If that wasn't enough, everytime I put something in the cart, it's mysteriously and immediately dropped.

Am I the only one? Or is this happening to anyone else too? :?:

DaveLessnau

Post by DaveLessnau » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:24 pm

From a few similar experiences on other sites, have you allowed cookies for the site?

Darth Santa Fe

Post by Darth Santa Fe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, after some time of trying (and turning on cookies completely), I never managed to make their website work for me.

BUT!

I did find that they also sell most of their products at Amazon, which I'm already registered at. :) Shipping ended up being a little more expensive, but at least I'll be getting my (((Noiseblocker))) fan now! :D

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Haven't ordered from them for several months, but had no problems when I did. What browser are you using? I have always used Firefox, latest version.

scorp965

Post by scorp965 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Just placed an order last week, website worked great, and parts arrived quickly.

Darth Santa Fe

Post by Darth Santa Fe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 am

I'm using IE7. I just tried their website again a couple days ago, and I still can't sign up or anything. Maybe it's my computer, since it seems to be working for everyone else?

Shamgar

Post by Shamgar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:15 am

Darth Santa Fe wrote:I'm using IE7.
Still living in the dark ages? :lol:
Darth Santa Fe wrote:I just tried their website again a couple days ago, and I still can't sign up or anything. Maybe it's my computer, since it seems to be working for everyone else?
Even though I'm on the other side of the world, here are some suggestions you might want to try:

- In IE Internet Options / Privacy tab - set it to allow All cookies (temporarily) when you access the ordering site. Some websites are very finicky about this setting. In Firefox I have to sometimes select the Accept cookies from [all] sites, or certain sites won't accept my signup info. Remember to change this setting back (after you leave the site) to something more secure or else you will be sorry.

- Check your firewall to see if it is blocking access to that site. Also, some firewall programs (like mine) have a stealth mode browsing feature which hides the browser page header (contains browser info, I.P number, country code, referrer details) and some sites will not proceed without it as they really want to know "all about you" -- at least what the browser page header can tell them.

- Erase all your browser cache, cookies and temporary files. Browse with a "clean slate". CCleaner is a neat little program you can use to erase browser cache and temp files in just a couple of clicks. It can clear out a lot of other useless stuff as well. I keep it on my quick launch bar.

- If these steps fail, try downloading and installing Firefox to see if that makes a difference. There will be no serious conflicts I am aware of by running FF and IE at the same time. And unlike IE, you can easily uninstall FF from your computer and it (usually) won't leave a messy trail behind either.

fiberchina89

Post by fiberchina89 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:57 am

Interestingly so to observe of your disputes)))

Darth Santa Fe

Post by Darth Santa Fe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 pm

I did try most of those things already. I think my computer just doesn't like the website. Oh well, I got my NB fan from their Amazon store, so I won't be needing anything else from there anyway (unless I want another NB fan :D ).