Not a hero, not even close.

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

aristide1 wrote:"I live my beliefs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, not just for a 20 minute period on Sundays."
Thats exactly what i say to the cultists that come to my door, and then I tell them to re-read mathew 6: 4-6 :)

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Post by thejamppa » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 am

xan_user wrote:
aristide1 wrote:"I live my beliefs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, not just for a 20 minute period on Sundays."
Thats exactly what i say to the cultists that come to my door, and then I tell them to re-read mathew 6: 4-6 :)
I should try that next time Jehova's ring my door bell... However, hero or not which is actually point of view, I cannot accept the fact his actions killed innocent person. Who cares if he would have just killed himself. His actions cost an innocent life. That cannot be defended or denied.

Fayd

Post by Fayd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 pm

andyb wrote:
and surprise, surprise, since outlawing guns both the UK and Australia have seen violent crime rates rise sharply. who'd have guessed
I dont argue with idiots, so I wont even grace that stupid statement with an answer.
me thinks you tried to find some evidence to dispute that, and realized there isnt any. lacking a leg to stand on, this is your next option.
And of course I have already said that I wont discuss off topic things in this topic that are far better suited to already existing topics where such matters have already been discussed greatly.
and yet it was you who brought into the discussion the notion that the US is so vastly different in terms of psyche that we're inherently more violent(or some other bullshit.). I am simply disputing that notion. if you want to stay on topic, do so.

colm

Post by colm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

I did read some of stack's rants, and they aren't exactly paranoid schizo crazy by a long shot.

It is ashame he snapped, and had no resolve before then. to me? that is the heroism, it snapped a person who wasn't even crazy...and there are may reasons to start a thread about it, and talk. he got what he wanted. he got attention.

It is as irritable as forced to being in the same boat with homosexuality, as a straight man homophobe..there will be primitive action eventually.

The problems are that contrasted...

The military. that is a different subject. right?

Never call a vet a hero, it is a paperwork game. A real hero is eyes ahead, years ahead...this guy in the building got killed like a sitting duck...and get that f**ing earring out of the damn ear. I suppose that is not a problem for mr.cool, the ultimate player.

qviri

Post by qviri » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 pm

aristide1 wrote:Once a person who did not go to church was questioned about his beliefs by a priest. He replied, "I live my beliefs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, not just for a 20 minute period on Sundays." The priest felt the person was just fine.
Where do you live that has 20 minute Christian masses?

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:54 pm

qviri wrote:
only count the time you're actually awake during the service.

:lol:

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:52 am

Off-topic:
xan_user wrote:
qviri wrote:
only count the time you're actually awake during the service.

:lol:
Dont you have to double the awake time if your at the front, and half it if your at the back.? Personally I could never sleep in a church, probably the intense burning sensation I get when I first enter the church, 5-minutes at the most before I start smoking, flames soon after :twisted:

On-topic:
I did read some of stack's rants, and they aren't exactly paranoid schizo crazy by a long shot.
Can you post some links please.

Andy