Q: What is funny, sad, happy and serious.?

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Q: What is funny, sad, happy and serious.?

Post by andyb » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 pm

The answer is in this news article, and I can only hope it is true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8556852.stm

Its funny because someone in power has been hiding his own sexuallity to such a degree that he has voted against the rights of other gay people to "hide" himself, this is very sad.

I am happy that he has eventually come out for the sake of his own mental stability, and this will (hopefully) help thousands of others with the same internal and external pressures, and that is a serious issue for many to overcome yet.

I can only hope for the future of the people under his jurisdiction that he continues on in his position, and gets re-elected under his new "gay" banner, and does the right thing for everyone - escalates freedom, especially for those hiding.

Andy

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 pm

only admit to your sins when you get caught red handed. and then use the new found honesty as a diversion from your crimes, what could be more american than that?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Andy -- he's a California State Senator, btw.

Reminds me a little of Larry Craig... who is a US Senator from Idaho.

Siegfried262

Post by Siegfried262 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Interesting article.

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Not at all unusual to discover a self-loathing politician. At least he shares the popular view of political hacks.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:43 am

Not at all unusual to discover a self-loathing politician.
Anyone who is lelf-loathing is dangerous, I hope they are few and far between.
At least he shares the popular view of political hacks.
I hope you mean the dislike of politicians, vs the dislike of homosexuals.

Andy

colm

Post by colm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:45 pm

I was in clinton's military.
The unit was small, my age group only had a few guys. Woman crew chiefs, I assumed, and never made friends with..
hardly sorry to say that outloud today.

lo and behold, the guy I was hanging with had more than a guy room mate, he was gay- with his "room mate". Attempting to be civilized about the matter, when I caught an action I should not have - too late, the gay guy snapped.

if he ever thinks he can play masocist with this straight man again...I know what bones in his face did not get broken....and I will finish it off permanently.

it has been 14 years, never saw him again..in the same town I have always been in...never saw the closet gay again... :roll:

I check obituaries for his suicide. In a way, I will be relieved if the snapper did it.

harvest

Post by harvest » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:33 pm

interesting how it took him this long to say something but all the better that he came out with it for the sake of his sanity and the safety of himself and other around him