Grease the Guillotine

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Post Reply
PlanetOfTheApes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Grease the Guillotine

Post by PlanetOfTheApes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 pm

The greed philosophy is about consolidating wealth and with consolidation is unlimited power. You can’t beat the King, he’s got the horses and the men.

Quotes from videos on the subject of “fair economicsâ€

Redzo
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:51 am
Location: Sweden, Stockholm

Post by Redzo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:32 am

Man, that was a long and angry text. You should relax a bit. Have a beer or 15 of them.

andyb
Patron of SPCR
Posts: 3307
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Essex, England

Post by andyb » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:01 am

I will admit that I only read the first few lines (i'm about to finish work and go home), apart from agreeing with Redzo's point, here is another thing for you to think about.

Strive to become one of those few rich people, and dont be an arsehole to everyone else.


Andy

judge56988
Friend of SPCR
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:39 am
Location: England

Post by judge56988 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:59 am

Life's a bitch - I thought everyone knew that?

PlanetOfTheApes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by PlanetOfTheApes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 am

judge56988 wrote:Life's a bitch - I thought everyone knew that?

Ok but let’s make the best of it. Most people are still ignorant about this life thing and the economy.

People need to know that we don’t need and can’t afford the owners anymore. They’ve become a huge parasite sucking the blood from our economy/society. Surplus is what propels our economy and we waste a too high percentage of the value on luxuries for the rich (and inefficient services to the people), monuments to stupidity and waste. Our entire surplus is in the hands of these capitalists that have decided to make money on every transaction. Productive work (infrastructure, housing...) is taxed by layers of debt interest that these parasites glean. The problem is that surplus is in the hands of people who aren’t investing it in our civilisation, they’re just investing it in their own self interest.

judge56988
Friend of SPCR
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:39 am
Location: England

Post by judge56988 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:38 am

PlanetOfTheApes wrote:
judge56988 wrote:Life's a bitch - I thought everyone knew that?

Ok but let’s make the best of it.
I do - always.

I don't consider that the problem lies with the "owners" as you call them - these people are mostly extremely hard working and clever and have been prepared to take large personal financial risks to build up their businesses. Of course many inherit a business but why not? If I had something of value I would want to pass it on to my children. Why should the fruits of a lifetimes work be given up when you die?

No, the problem theses days is with the people who don't work in the traditional sense, but speculate with other peoples savings and pensions - the investment banks, hedge funds currency speculators and all those other wankers that " buy short and sell long" - whatever that means.

These people are literally gambling with other peoples money and it should not be allowed. At least the new British government has said it will tighten up the regulations in these areas. I hope they stick to their promises.

The much maligned Maggie Thatcher did at least try to let the masses have more say in the running of the big companies when she privatised the utilities. Then anyone could invest in these companies that were providing the services that those same people used in their everyday lives. This may have been good in theory but after a while many of these companies lost value on the stock market and people lost a lot of their savings - this was despite the fact that most of these companies were still doing well and paying good dividends. People these days seem to be far more concerned with short term gains than long term profitability.

Anyway, too vast a subject for me to get to grips with and something that will always be dependent on how right wing or left wing ones views are.
I can't see there ever being a time when everyone will agree on what is the best way to run the world.

PlanetOfTheApes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by PlanetOfTheApes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 am

judge56988 wrote: I do - always.
I don't consider that the problem lies with the "owners" as you call them - these people are mostly extremely hard working and clever and have been prepared to take large personal financial risks to build up their businesses.
“I do – alwaysâ€
Last edited by PlanetOfTheApes on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0002a
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:12 am
Location: USA

Post by m0002a » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 am

PlanetOfTheApes wrote:Just to be clear, we’re talking about the top 2% (owners), the serious wealth, not Joe six-pack who has worked hard to build up a business and put away a nice little retirement nest egg.

The top 2% (owners) don’t do any productive work, they just sit on their surplus and glean profits. Why should they work when sitting on surplus is a greater generator of wealth than productive labour/work.

Workers are mostly extremely hard working and clever too and in most cases they actually run the business. The workers are the actual source of wealth in our economy, the owners are the parasites.
Many of the richest people on earth such as Warren Buffet and Bill Gates started with nothing. When Bill Gates started his company he worked for weeks at a time without even taking a shower.
PlanetOfTheApes wrote:Ok but limit inheritance to say 1-2 million for individuals and 10 million for estates. That’s got to be enough of a head start for your children.
That is about the extent of what Warren Buffet gave his children (a couple of million at most). Bill Gates says the same will be true for his children. The vast majority of their wealth has already been promised or already given to charities or non-profit foundations.

I think you vastly underestimate what the very rich actually spend. Most of their wealth ends up going to charitable foundations.

Even Tiger Woods has said he would only spend his actual golf winnings (about $10 million per year before taxes), and would donate the rest (endorsements money) to charitable foundations (about $90 million per year). Of course, with his recent difficulties and pending divorce, his wife may not see things the same way.

PlanetOfTheApes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by PlanetOfTheApes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm

m0002a wrote:
PlanetOfTheApes wrote:Just to be clear, we’re talking about the top 2% (owners), the serious wealth, not Joe six-pack who has worked hard to build up a business and put away a nice little retirement nest egg.

The top 2% (owners) don’t do any productive work, they just sit on their surplus and glean profits. Why should they work when sitting on surplus is a greater generator of wealth than productive labour/work.

Workers are mostly extremely hard working and clever too and in most cases they actually run the business. The workers are the actual source of wealth in our economy, the owners are the parasites.
Many of the richest people on earth such as Warren Buffet and Bill Gates started with nothing. When Bill Gates started his company he worked for weeks at a time without even taking a shower.
PlanetOfTheApes wrote:Ok but limit inheritance to say 1-2 million for individuals and 10 million for estates. That’s got to be enough of a head start for your children.
That is about the extent of what Warren Buffet gave his children (a couple of million at most). Bill Gates says the same will be true for his children. The vast majority of their wealth has already been promised or already given to charities or non-profit foundations.

I think you vastly underestimate what the very rich actually spend. Most of their wealth ends up going to charitable foundations.

Even Tiger Woods has said he would only spend his actual golf winnings (about $10 million per year before taxes), and would donate the rest (endorsements money) to charitable foundations (about $90 million per year). Of course, with his recent difficulties and pending divorce, his wife may not see things the same way.
The rich build Pyramids, great civilizations build Hoover Dams, end of discussion. The rest of what you’re saying is rich man propaganda.

m0002a
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:12 am
Location: USA

Post by m0002a » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 pm

PlanetOfTheApes wrote:The rich build Pyramids, great civilizations build Hoover Dams, end of discussion. The rest of what you’re saying is rich man propaganda.
Maybe you should check out the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to see if they are building pyramids. Interestingly, Warren Buffet has also pledged most of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

While I personally have no problems with the Hoover Dam, many environmentalists think it is evil, so you had better your "party line" straight.

colm
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:22 am
Location: maine

Post by colm » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 pm

planet of theapes...
awesome post.

I thought your others were strange.. this one...awesome post. :wink:

the inhertiance to the surplus is the anti-life...the bigger this power moving ahead, is the bigger power needed to take it down. It could be a war...but knowing stocks and its concept is as stupid as an inline four cylinder...Gov't with historical knowledge written can take it over..at a world level.

I am waiting too. :roll:
A peace is knowing what you got is earned. Mind is clear ...not much anger, and always stronger than an heir.

PlanetOfTheApes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by PlanetOfTheApes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm

colm wrote:planet of theapes...
awesome post.
Gary (the author) is awesome.

Post Reply