PVR Advice

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Pendu

PVR Advice

Post by Pendu » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:03 pm

I know this is the wrong site to ask but its the only computer site i like :D .

Oky here's my problem, i am thinking of buying the Hauppauge Nexus-S Digital Satellite PVR PCI Card, but can the normal PVR 250 do the same job i.e. record digital satelite?

As it would seem silly to have a whole different range of card to record digital satelite if the pvr 250 or some other variant could do the same job.

teknerd

Post by teknerd » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:34 pm

for better answers to questions in this area you might want to check out htpcnews.com.

mb2

Post by mb2 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:35 pm

iirc.. the satellite version u can change the channels and view (free) satellite without a satellite box. if u were to use the normal version, u'd need to have the output from an external satelittle box (as you would use with your tv)leading to the cards input, and it would record whatever was on the screen- menus etc and all. also you would have to change the channel on the satellite box. this set up would let you watch pay-channels which require a subscription card however.

this should really be in the offtopic/not silent forum as it really has nothing to do with silentPCs.. or cool & quiet vga.