Thermalright V1 cooler?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Smoodiver

Thermalright V1 cooler?

Post by Smoodiver » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:01 am

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this cooler? I'm looking to get one for my 6800gt, but I will soon be getting a 7800 GTX. Is it compatible? The screw mounts seem fairly adaptive. I have a lian li Pc-v1100 case so it is the upside down format. I have a 120mm fan duct over the back fan made by lian li so the end of the heat pipes will probably fit behind that. I was hoping this cooler would work well with two silenx fans. It would be pretty damn quiet. I am just wondering how it would work? I am just looking for a cool solution that would mean I wouldn’t have to get two different AC silencers. Unless rev. 3 is compatible with a 6800gt?

Cheers
Andy

KorruptioN

Post by KorruptioN » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:40 am

The V1 is not compatible with the 7800GT/X.

EvilNick

Post by EvilNick » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:52 am

If I remember correctly, Thermalright stated on their website that the V-1 should not be used in cases that have the video card upside down because it hinders the performance of the heatpipes.

Since you're using a V1100, that kinda rules it out doesn't it? :)

Natronomonas

Post by Natronomonas » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:13 am

EvilNick wrote:If I remember correctly, Thermalright stated on their website that the V-1 should not be used in cases that have the video card upside down because it hinders the performance of the heatpipes.

Since you're using a V1100, that kinda rules it out doesn't it? :)
That's right. I've got one of these though, and think it's pretty good. I wrote a review thingy up a while back:
http://web.aanet.com.au/web/DGBHome/Oth ... ghtV1.html
if any other SPCR peoples are interested : )