32 inch TV/monitor, buzzing?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

RaptorZX3

32 inch TV/monitor, buzzing?

Post by RaptorZX3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:08 am

ok i bought a Dynex 32inch TV/monitor a few days ago, and today i noticed, when it's very quiet in the room, that the TV seem to make a slight noise when it's ON and "no signal", and make a different kind of noise when it's ON and i turn on my Wii (or any other things). When i turn it on, we can clearly hear a louder humming noise that disappears after a few seconds (mostly audible when there's the "please wait" message on screen.)

my Wii is connected on Component, and my Dreamcast is connected on standard RCA (Composite). I also have a PS2 on Component and a computer in my room connected with the VGA (D-sub) on it. I just wanted to say that for general informations.

i heard that often slight buzzing sound is inevitable, or normal. I know my computer LCD monitor do make a slight noise when it's on "no signal" state before putting itself on Sleep mode.

Keep in mind that i bought this 32 inch television because mostly of its price (400$CAN+taxes), and because i think the colors are nicer than some other more expensive ones i've seen. Yes it's not 1080p but 720p (resolution of 1360x768 on a PC), but still have a nice picture, so far i didn't noticed a single dead pixel.

I think the product number is this TV is DX-LCD32-09 (thought i can find it even by typing "DX-LCD39" in Google).

when the TV is ON and it shows picture of my connected stuff, it makes a different noise, a little bit similar to a small low-speed fan.

i do know CRT TVs do have a high-pitched noise when you turn it on, and it's a constant noise some peoples might no be able to hear.

So...a little noise from the LCD television is normal? I just want to know, cos it's the first time i buy a big LCD screen.

danielG

Post by danielG » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 am

We have two 720p 32 inch LCD TVs in the house. One is an almost 3 year old LG, the other is a 1,5 year old Samsung. Neither buzzes or hums.

EDIT: I don't want to alarm you. I don't know if voltage/frequency has any effect on buzzing. In Portugal, we have 220V@50Hz at the socket, Canada seems to use 110V@60Hz. I also don't know if newer TVs have different backlights.

RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 pm

oh i discovered the little hum comes from the TV speakers, when there's no sound, it emits that kind of noise. But it's gone when i put them on Mute on my remote.