Claim for non-conductive fluid in a water cooled comp

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Claim for non-conductive fluid in a water cooled comp

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Wed May 25, 2005 10:28 pm

I was thinking about this claim of Fluid Xp.

I mean, it can't actually remain that electrically non-conductive after a while of sitting around. Deonized water never remains without ions in a situation where there are bare metal alloys and coatings in a water cooled system. I just wonder if this stuff has the same qualities of the first hour of its use as the 2nd month.

Also, How would one clean out a system to properly keep the deionized water nearer to deonized after using conventional water cooling products like water wetter and anti-freeze types??

I think the pinesol idea on procooling would clean it out, but wouldnt it remain and mess up the balance of the solution (fluid xp)

I hope this stuff isnt a gimic, i kinda want to try it out instead of 25% prop glycol.

BTW: thanks all for the links on the glycol!

andywww

Post by andywww » Wed May 25, 2005 11:17 pm

I'd use some nice volatile organic solvent that won't dissolve your tubing... 97% ethanol or acetone should dissolve most additives, and after flushing the residue should evaporate out of your system rapidly.

High purity Isopropyl alcohol should do it too.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Thu May 26, 2005 8:56 pm

andywww wrote:I'd use some nice volatile organic solvent that won't dissolve your tubing... 97% ethanol or acetone should dissolve most additives, and after flushing the residue should evaporate out of your system rapidly.

High purity Isopropyl alcohol should do it too.
yes I agree. i forgot about flushing things with an organic solvent and water.

i wont do acetone though, it can be brutally harsh. isopropyl is my new idea now for like half of these tasks. Hey, i mean its rubbed onto children :) cant be that bad for you.