Pump EMI Interference?

The alternative to direct air cooling

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thetoad30
*Lifetime Patron*

Pump EMI Interference?

Post by thetoad30 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:32 am

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if a watercooling pump could induce EMI into nearby SATA cables or chipsets...

I'm having a meltdown of my C: drive on my computer every time I get it loaded... disk corruptions galore and I've replaced the hard drive 3 times... worst part is is that it's only the C: Drive every time... every other drive is fine no matter what...

It's either the motherboard, the memory, or the pump causing problems, and I'm trying to eliminate.

I have the Swiftech MCP655.

Thank you

Sparkytfl

Post by Sparkytfl » Thu May 25, 2006 9:03 am

Well if my resertor is too close to my crt monitor, it makes the display wiggle. It's possible.

thetoad30
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by thetoad30 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:23 am

Ok... Now could it cause interference in one cable but not any of the one's next to it?

Could EMI be that localized?

Thank you

The Cadillac Man

Post by The Cadillac Man » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:56 pm

Have you tried changing the power cable/sata cable? Back in the IDE days I had a power supply cable with one loose connector that made a drive act like that... it'd hang during formatting, cause the box to lock up randomly etc. Just a thought.

thetoad30
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by thetoad30 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:35 pm

You know what, after I had tried everything else... even swapping out the motherboard... I decided I had nothing to lose by switching the cable... and so far... I have not encountered any of the other problems I was having... :oops: So I hope like heck I have fixed the problem...