SiverStone TJ04 'v' CoolMaster WaveMaster 'v' Antec Solo

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Air2

Post by Air2 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:03 am

hi there everyone,

been reading through lots of past reviews and and was wonder what people though of these case. how easy they are for installing components and having a tidy install. plus your experience on their sound deaden properties. all god and bad points please.

sorry if this maybe starting an already ongoing thread. looking at one of these cases for a fresh start in the new year.

SilverStone TJ04,
Cool Master Wave Master
Antec Solo

thanks in advance

edit 'Antec' thanks for spotting my bad typing nightmorph. was late and didnt read before hit submit button.
Last edited by Air2 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UK-Bob

Post by UK-Bob » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:04 pm

Good luck with the case on which you decide. But from my take on things any case can be made to be quiet with work by adding damping material and so on. It comes down to what you want as far as drives go and the look you want, and also what the fan arrangement is.And your budget !
Im using a cost cuttin version of the solo, aka NSK6000. Has good room inside and is nice to work in/on.

nightmorph

Post by nightmorph » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:32 pm

It's the Antec Solo, not "Altec".

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:51 pm

The Antec Solo is recommended by SPCR:

Recommended Cases

jjr

Post by jjr » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:08 pm

The Solo definitely has the edge on the other 2 cases :
- bigger / more numerous fans,
- heavier construction and damping material,
- less airflow imedance,
- indirect sound paths,
- HD suspension.

Not even a close call ....

Air2

Post by Air2 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:09 pm

hi there,

thanks for the recommendations link jaganath. been reading more and more on here and othere sites. also went and had a look at the TJ04 & solo side by side. given up on the wavemaster as the blue glow on the front would bug me after a while (my only reason).

thinking that it will be the solo. especially as it had the updated HD suspension (not the P150 round bands).

price of this case is within what i am willing to spend. total budget is about 1600euro. bulk will go on cpu, ram. will post to let everyone know how it goes when completed. not looking at a games machine, but more of a graphics/AutoCAD power house plus watching movies.

well maybe the odd game of pacman :lol:

cheers.