Sythe ninja plus rev B motherboard compatibility

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

stretchneck

Sythe ninja plus rev B motherboard compatibility

Post by stretchneck » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:48 am

Just in case anyone else tries this combination - the Scythe ninja 775 mounting plate is NOT compatible with the EVGA 680i motherboard as it is obstructed by capacitors on the edge of the motherboard.

A simply modification is to snip 2-3mm of the edge of the mounting plate on one side to allow clearance. This can be undertaken using a pair of hand nibblers and smoothing off with sandpaper - alternatively a dremel could be used but the steel used in the mounting plate is quite thick so probably better with nibblers unless you want to get through several cutting disks!

Please note that there are no problems with the reference intel heatsink on this motherboard as it uses a square inner frame as opposed to the round inner frame of the scythe ninja.

Ravenlark

The Day After

Post by Ravenlark » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:57 am

I ordered my parts two days before I saw this post. Doh.

I managed to dremel away the lip of the mounting bracket without too much difficulty; you only need to take off about 1.5mm.