Help, my system freeze!!

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Miguel

Help, my system freeze!!

Post by Miguel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:38 pm

HI, I need some help with my computer. I'm new in this.
This is my system:

Vista Ultimate
Core2 6600 (Big typhoon cooler)
Gforce 8800 GTX
2Gb Ram
2 HD 300GB Sata
1 DVD
Purepower 500W
Thermaltake Armor 8003, 6 Fans.

When I'm playing games at full specs, after a while, the system freeze, the only way to restart is presing the ON/OFF button, but after that, the system is not able to boot. If I wait 20 or 30 sec, and I push the on/off button again, the system boot without any problems.
If a play a low spec game o just use the windows, no problems.
What could be? I need some advise with this. Could be the PSU?
Thanks a lot in advance!! And sorry about my english...

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:12 pm

i doubt its the PSU, it looks pretty solid to me [although a bit fancier than something i'd use].

whats the mobo? its possible its just windows, however with the restarting issues, its possible that the PSU is faulty or a lot worse quality than it appears.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm

Bonestonne, thanks for you quick reply! The mobo it's an ASUS LEONITE.
The history start when I get a gift from my wife (and HP desktop with this mobo and the core2 6600) and I decide to upgrade to a better system.
Of that system, I'm only using the Mobo and the micro. (I know that the mobo is not the best, I'm waiting for the new intel x38 series).
and the problem is random, after I post the note, I play for an hour GRAW2 (full AA, 1600x1050, full detail, PSU showing 225watts) and no problem, maybe it's the mobo?
I will continue trying...

Thanks!!!

Elixer

Post by Elixer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:38 pm

This sounds very much like it could be overheating. It sounds like your system overheats and then freezes, and then the motherboard won't let you turn the computer back on until it has cooled down. What are your CPU, motherboard, and GPU temperatures? Those are the first things to check.