P2370 vs G2410 quieter?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

silo

P2370 vs G2410 quieter?

Post by silo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 am

im looking for a quiet lcd. This are my options.

Dell G2410 ( led backlight, low power)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=320-7956

Samsung P2370 (power brick, low power)

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/deta ... 3EFHKFV/ZA

my room picks the slightest of noises. the external power brick -P2370-might be a good thing after all.

advice? ( btw, pq is not relevant)

silo

Post by silo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:05 pm

mmm.... so no dell @ samy users over here :?:

sonic6k

Post by sonic6k » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm

silo wrote:mmm.... so no dell @ samy users over here :?:
I have faithfull been using of SAMSUNG display. Also after read of DELL screen, it has TN technology! Of my eyes TN paneling is not good for dark or vivid appearance of colour spectrum, avoid of all cost! Unfortunate SAMSUNG display even with power adaption of external utility I can hear electronical sound of display when very near to ear! Sound like "zzz" or mosquito fly after you :lol:

silo

Post by silo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

:lol: thanks, so the P2370 makes noise ? :(

sonic6k

Post by sonic6k » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 pm

silo wrote::lol: thanks, so the P2370 makes noise ? :(
I can not say for sure, my SAMSUNG of different model, but very similar. Can it be general problem with any LCD not only SAMSUNG? I hear some display make more of "zzz" sound than others, but quality of SAMSUNG higher than Dell. Also I read your choice to SAMSUNG P2370 also has panel of TN technology. BOTH are not good! Maybe if you say price range I can look for good display? Where is your place of residing anyway, because display availability ALWAYS vary dependant on location.

Do not worry good friend, mosquito sound only audible if ear next to display! If you always have face so near display you need doctor soon! :lol:

kittle
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by kittle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:51 pm

I dont think ive EVER heard a LCD make noise.
I have a 2x samsung at home, and a dell here at work.

At home the samsungs are silent. here at work ive never heard my LCD make any noises here.

so either im lucky -- or deaf in that sound spectrum.

sonic6k

Post by sonic6k » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:56 pm

kittle wrote:I dont think ive EVER heard a LCD make noise.
I have a 2x samsung at home, and a dell here at work.

At home the samsungs are silent. here at work ive never heard my LCD make any noises here.

so either im lucky -- or deaf in that sound spectrum.
Have try of this; turn of all of appliance but leave SAMSUNG and PC open. Make sure of atmosphere noise to be low, shut door and window if possible. Now with only SAMSUNG and PC open, it be preferable if PC is further away with long video cable. Put your ear very near next to SAMSUNG and see if can hear electronical noise like mosquito flying.

Of most LCD I heard electrical noise is low, but also some have high enough to irritate even of distance! My SAMSUNG I think is in between, not that low but also not so high.

kittle
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by kittle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm

[quote="sonic6k]Have try of this; turn of all of appliance but leave SAMSUNG and PC open. Make sure of atmosphere noise to be low, shut door and window if possible. Now with only SAMSUNG and PC open, it be preferable if PC is further away with long video cable. Put your ear very near next to SAMSUNG and see if can hear electronical noise like mosquito flying.[/quote]

I just might try that. the hard part will be getting the neighbors to not walk around during the exercise.

but the main problem will be my NON silent PC. its "quiet enough for me" but not even quiet by spcr standards.

sonic6k

Post by sonic6k » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Maybe reason you not perceive mosquito! :lol: