Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P - sounddriver issue - please help

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Thomas

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P - sounddriver issue - please help

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 am

Hi there

I'm in the process of reinstalling my nephews PC, and I'm having trouble with the sound drivers :?

It keep on saying it cannot find drivers for the "High Definition Soundbus".

I've been on the Gigabyte site and downloaded and installed Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)

It still cannot find that HD audio bus driver - so I went to Gigabyte's site again and tried with the Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver (Full Multi-language version ), even though it should be included in the above.

I've also tried disabling the audio in the BIOS, because we dont need it (have a Creative card, not installed yet). But XP still cant find that d... thing.

I could disable that thing in the Device Manager, and maybe I end up with simply that - but it annoys me, when the system dont have all needed drivers properly installed.

It's a XP pro with SP3. I've also installed all other Gigabyte drivers for this board.

Any suggestions?

loimlo

Post by loimlo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:39 am

I guess you've mixed ATi 790GX's built-in sound and on board sound. ATi/AMD's VGAs including integrated 780/785/790, discrete 4000 series and 5000 series have a built-in Realtek HD codec for audio output through DVI/HDMI(or potential DisplayPort). You can't disable this function. Just let it idle and do nothing.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 am

Hmmm, I dont get this - what do you mean with "built-in sound and on board sound"? Is there one on the motherboard and another in the graphics device? Which in this case is a HD4850?

Between, this is not a 790GX, but a 790XT...

Even if I cant disable this function - why the h... cant it install the proper drivers?

I have to tell XP to not search for the drivers and/or disable that unit in Device Manager to make XP not keep on asking for a driver...

I didnt have that problem, when I first installed this system back in april with the drivers from that time.

Mysterious...

loimlo

Post by loimlo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:41 pm

There's a built-in audio in ATi's graphics cards including 4850.

Get the driver file, "ATI HDMI Audio Device," from Realtek website or AMD website if you insist on installing driver.

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 am