Brand new rig awaiting your approval

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

GreenGoblin

Brand new rig awaiting your approval

Post by GreenGoblin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 am

heya guys
basically my plan is to only have an active cooled PSU and my pc will be something like this :

MB - ASrock 890GX Extreme 3 (ddr3-1800(OC)/usb3/sata3/vga/extras :P )

CPU - Athlon II x4 600e (45W TDP)

RAM 2x2gb A-data 1333 (cheap)

PSU Enermax Modu 87+ 600W or 700W (quality)

HDD WD Green + SSD (speed&silence)

Case - ASUS VENTO TA-M1 (already have it and I like the desing :P )

still haven't decided what passively cooled VGA to get so if you can recommend me the most powerful VGA which is/can be passively cooled I would be very happy :) now come with some advice about everything :P

the idea of this pc is to be as powerful and "futureproof" as possible while being dead silent and probably cheap if possible (the silence being the most important thing ofcourse ;) )

cya laters guys all the best :)

nwbdan

Post by nwbdan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 am

I believe the "most powerful" passive GPU at the moment is the HD5750. There's been wide discussing of its passive, go green! (powercolor) and Vapor-X (sapphire) versions. You should check out some of the post in the Graphics card section ;)

flemeister

Post by flemeister » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 am

The platter noise of the WD Green would be audible in that rig. Make sure you invest in a hard drive silencer such as the Nexus Drive-A-Way to minimise the noise.

Or, invest in some slow spinning fans that would still be much quieter than the WD Green (eg. Nexus Real Silents @ 5v). This way you could also choose a more powerful CPU/GPU. :)

GreenGoblin

Post by GreenGoblin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:26 am

I intend on replacing the WD Green with another SSD in the near future ( I play WoW and watch full HD movies anyway) :P I justa cant afford it at the moment and in my country it's really hard to find decent passive GPUs :/ I will have to live with it for an year or so (but I'll silence it as hell ofcourse)

I am more worried about the other components though