Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow - any experience?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Airshark

Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow - any experience?

Post by Airshark » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:37 am

Hello All -

I've been reading this site and building silent rigs for several years now, and I have some pretty quiet boxes. For some pretty arcane reasons, my next machine needs to be large, distinctive, and white. It will be a powerful machine primarily for media work and some gaming, and will probably be overclocked and possibly water cooled. It seems to me that the ideal case would be the Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow Edition (http://thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1341&ID=2052), but it is constructed in a way I'm not familiar with and using materials that I've not had in a case in years (mostly plastic). My last three machines have all had Antec P180 variants (P180, P180 second revision, P183), and the L10 GT is mostly hard plastic, with none of the quieting features I've grown used to.

Does anybody here have any experience quieting a rig in the Thermaltake Level 10 GT? Is it even possible? I'm obviously not looking for the top-notch silence I usually strive for, but I want to know if this is a hopeless quest before I even pick up the case.