Antec Customer Support - Totally Useless

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

BlackWhizz

Post by BlackWhizz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Weird. I had a problem with my p180 mini (actually its right now). The top fan was not running properly (bearring makin' weird sounds).

I got a replacement within 5 days? It will arive friday. My RMA was sent in on monday.

Magilla

Post by Magilla » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:38 am

Fallen Kell wrote:Just a follow-up to let everyone know. At least for my Antec Fusion Remote Max, the LCD seems to be fine. I am in the USA so I am not sure how this affects world-wide. The case I got has the black/white LCD, and as such, does not suffer the blue/pink box issue that many are reporting.

The backlight is still way to bright with clear acrylic, and really should get toned down, possibly with some tinting film or a voltage mod. It also suffers the same bone-headed design as to keep the full screen on even when the PC is powered off (you have to unplug the power supply or flip a power supply on/off switch to get the screen to turn off when shutdown).

Aside from that, it seems to be working as advertised. My case was Quality Control checked in 9-2009. Looks like Antec USA seems to have a least one QC guy with eyes and made sure they used something that was human readable. I haven't fooled with the software yet to see if it can tame down the backlight.
Just had a response from Antec re the pink/overbright LCD's in all Veris products. Seems the problem is a fault in manufacture, and they have no idea how to resolve it. The current official solution appears to be remove the LCD entirely, or simply turn it off!

You couldn't make it up.

doberso

Re: Antec Customer Support - Totally Useless

Post by doberso » Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 am

The best I can say about their support in the UK is, it's none existant. Antec are simply uncontactable in any way, shape or form to illicit a response that bears any relation to the questions asked.