Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

satheeshkumarvs

lost my D201GLY motherboard cd , now audio not working help

Post by satheeshkumarvs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 pm

I lost my Motherboard CD of D201GLY intel board. now audio is not working,
what will i do now please help me

murtoz

Post by murtoz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:00 am

You download the drivers from intel's website?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product ... uctID=2773

satheeshkumarvs

Post by satheeshkumarvs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:09 am

Thanks for your quick reply. i think it is not the problem. even i reinstalled the driver,it the problem did not solved. In it's property shows that this devise cannot start(code 10). and in resources it shows this devise not using any resources.
I think the problem may start after one tuner card installed on its expansion slot. that tuner card was complaint. is the problem may overcome with the bios update. is it solve the problem ? is it a safe process ?

murtoz

Post by murtoz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:47 am

error code 10 typically indicates a hardware issue, a hardware conflict, or severe driver issue.
You could try removing the tuner card to see if your audio works again, or check for later drivers online.

I'm not sure a bios update would fix the issue but it is worth a shot. Bios updates are relatively safe nowadays, and intel provides a recovery bios so that even if something goes wrong and your board doesn't boot properly, you can still recover it. Find the latest bios on this link but make sure you have the original D201GLY, not the newer D201GLY2 as I am not sure the bioses are compatible. Also make sure you read the readme for that download for instructions on the update.

If that doesn't help you should be able to ring intel tech support for help.

good luck.